Gelato on HAL Ships

Posted (edited)

Since you sail on pinnacle ships it's hard to miss. Right next to Dive-In burgers and the Lido Pool bar. Starboard side entrance to the buffet. There is a cost.

Notice Dive in Burgers in background.

image.png.d481e62be85192fda6881c857ec233fb.png

Lido Pool Bar in background

image.png.9daffe9722b6000923818cadf8265ec9.png

This is a menu from 2023 but I'm pretty sure there was a nominal price increase in 2024.

image.png.20001c5efd757a7786fc788b1185d7b8.png

Edited to add you were asking about ALL hal ships (I missed that). Gelato station only on Pinnacle class. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Are there   Gelato stations on all HAL ships  & where do you find them ?

No. Pinnacle class only (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam & Rotterdam). They are to the left as you face the Dive In.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

Pinnacle class by mid-ship pool. No Mariner discount now. The milkshakes are very good!

There was a mariner discount last time I sailed.  3star 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Since you sail on pinnacle ships it's hard to miss. Right next to Dive-In burgers and the Lido Pool bar. Starboard side entrance to the buffet. There is a cost.

Notice Dive in Burgers in background.

image.png.d481e62be85192fda6881c857ec233fb.png

Lido Pool Bar in background

image.png.9daffe9722b6000923818cadf8265ec9.png

This is a menu from 2023 but I'm pretty sure there was a nominal price increase in 2024.

image.png.20001c5efd757a7786fc788b1185d7b8.png

Edited to add you were asking about ALL hal ships (I missed that). Gelato station only on Pinnacle class. 

Hi we were aware of the Gelato on koningsdam . however one of our  Hawaii 18 day cruise isc on Nieuw Amsterdam & apparently there is no Gelato station on that ship which is a bummer . We think  .HaL could include it where the other ice creams are served  on the other ships . Seems to us a missing opportunity 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If they put gelato by the other ice cream people would realize they could get scoop ice cream for free. There aren't a lot of food options on older ships, nothing like the International Cafe on Princess, so I wouldn't want space and crew taken up by it. The gelato on newer Princess ships makes more sense, since they don't have free scoop ice cream (although they serve gelato in the dining room, just disguising the name). Celebrity also keeps gelato by the coffee shop, instead of by the excellent scoop ice cream in the buffet, and they offer a free scoop for higher loyalty levels. Princess also offers some elaborate, diabetes-inducing premium ice cream desserts as part of their Plus program, so perhaps HAL could throw in some gelato on Pinnacle-class ships to persuade more people to upgrade to HIA. 

10 hours ago, rj59 said:

If they put gelato by the other ice cream people would realize they could get scoop ice cream for free. There aren't a lot of food options on older ships, nothing like the International Cafe on Princess, so I wouldn't want space and crew taken up by it. The gelato on newer Princess ships makes more sense, since they don't have free scoop ice cream (although they serve gelato in the dining room, just disguising the name). Celebrity also keeps gelato by the coffee shop, instead of by the excellent scoop ice cream in the buffet, and they offer a free scoop for higher loyalty levels. Princess also offers some elaborate, diabetes-inducing premium ice cream desserts as part of their Plus program, so perhaps HAL could throw in some gelato on Pinnacle-class ships to persuade more people to upgrade to HIA. 

when shps are in dry dock many times the interiors are redone & adjusted  ,perhaps HAL could add a Gelato station near the main pool area .Just a thought