How to get price adjustment when TA not responding

Hey Everyone

I have barely been watching the rates for our Feb cruise bc honestly, I was not expecting any price drops.  To my surprise, there has been one.

My TA is on vacation and her back up is not the most responsive.  As soon as I saw it, I emailed both the TA and her listed back up (yesterday) - including all screenshots of the price I was seeing, details of cabin and the original invoice.  We are not yet at final payment and have not even paid off the cruise yet so I have asked for the credit in the difference as opposed to any upgrade.

I haven't heard anything back and while I want to give it a little more time, I am afraid the rate will go back up and I will lose out.  Has anyone had any experience or do you have any advice on how to get the rate drop credit applied if I don't have any reply from the travel agency?

TIA

Posted (edited)

I hope they have a phone number to call.  If so I would call and ask for a supervisor to assist.  (Hopefully they are not an on line only agency with no contact phone number). Typically RCI cannot directly assist since you booked through a TA.  But if they continue to not respond I would call (not email) RCI and explain your situation to see if they can help.  BTW that number is 800-327-6700.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I hope they have a phone number to call.  If so I would call and ask for a supervisor to assist.  (Hopefully they are not an on line only agency with no contact phone number). Typically RCI cannot directly assist since you booked through a TA.  But if they continue to not respond I would call (not email) RCI and explain your situation to see if they can help.

Yeah they are an actual storefront that I have been to before.  I will follow up before end of business day to make sure it gets done

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mom2two2 said:

Yeah they are an actual storefront that I have been to before.  I will follow up before end of business day to make sure it gets done

That's good.  Anyone there should be able to assist since your TA is out.  But I never rely on emails and always call to talk with someone live.  JMO.

Hope you get it resolved.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

But I never rely on emails and always call to talk with someone live.  JMO.

I always email my TA.  He is usually pretty quick to respond (even when on vacation), but I recently requested a cabin change, and it took him 3 minutes to make the change and respond with a new invoice.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I always email my TA.  He is usually pretty quick to respond (even when on vacation), but I recently requested a cabin change, and it took him 3 minutes to make the change and respond with a new invoice.  😁

I am not opposed to emails either and use that method frequently.  But in particular with regards to the OP who has not had a response to an email, I said I don't rely on them preferring to talk with someone live. Typically that provides for an immediate resolution. Just my preference.

I totally see what both of you are saying - I like emails for the paper trail but at the same time, if I don't get a response I call.

I sent a follow up email just after I hopped on here to see what everyone's advice would be.  My plan was to call if I didn't hear by end of day.
I have since received a response and the price drop credit so I am a happy girl

• Like 7

When your TA is back ask them how best to handle this scenario.  Then you are prepared for the next time.  

In this situation I'd call but make sure the person you talk to has the whole picture.  If there was OBC or other items like free dinners ask them about that before blindly re-pricing in case these items will be lost in the re-price. 

• Like 2

This is one reason I always book directly with Royal. If I see a price change or a better cabin available, I can grab it by calling the cruise line 24/7. To me, this availability is much more important than a free bottle of wine or whatever one gets from a travel agent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lovethesealife said:

This is one reason I always book directly with Royal. If I see a price change or a better cabin available, I can grab it by calling the cruise line 24/7. To me, this availability is much more important than a free bottle of wine or whatever one gets from a travel agent.

I think we are in the minority but I am exactly the same.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lovethesealife said:

Travel agents offer a lot more than “a free bottle of wine”. They have access to secure group rate pricing on cruises which can be hundreds of dollars less than the going rates. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, lovethesealife said:

I used to feel this way too. However, my next cruise would have to have a huge price drop to match the fare my TA was able to get for me.

It is all about finding the right TA. Then you will realize that it is not about a bottle wine.

• Like 6