Labor Day Sale has started

Posted (edited)

Princess.com has started the Labor Day Sale.  Up to $400 OBC.  When I log in and try to check fares for my booked cruise, it shows that all staterooms in my category are not available.  If I log out out, almost all of the staterooms show as available, but the fare reduction for past passenger is gone.  I know that I can cancel my booking and rebook, but I'm not able to even price it.

EDIT - Don't know what happened, but I signed out and then back in and it shows me rooms in my category now.  The price has gone up by the exact amount of OBC that they are adding.

Hopefully some of you will find some deals!

Edited by Abercrombie2019
added to response

Posted (edited)

As always it's on select cruises. Is your booked cruise offering the OBC.  My booked cruise isn't offering the OBC. It's also no longer offering or the 3rd and 4th passenger free or the 40% discount that I booked it with. I still have the best price. Try going to one of the CC sponsored travel sites. They will offer the same promo as Princess and you can see if they have any rooms available.

Edited by Iamcruzin

24 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Princess.com has started the Labor Day Sale.  Up to $400 OBC.  When I log in and try to check fares for my booked cruise, it shows that all staterooms in my category are not available.  If I log out out, almost all of the staterooms show as available, but the fare reduction for past passenger is gone.  I know that I can cancel my booking and rebook, but I'm not able to even price it.

EDIT - Don't know what happened, but I signed out and then back in and it shows me rooms in my category now.  The price has gone up by the exact amount of OBC that they are adding.

Hopefully some of you will find some deals!

Awww, the games that Princess does play!!  Look over here, don't look over there; don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain.  😉  Got to love it.

• Like 1

When I booked my Aug 8, 2026 Solar Eclipse cruise when it was released with no OBC.  The cruise fare went continuously up within hours of being available.  The cruise has gone up by $8,436/cabin or $4,218/pp from went I booked my balcony cabin..  They are offering $200/pp OBC with the Labour Day Sale.

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

When I booked my Aug 8, 2026 Solar Eclipse cruise when it was released with no OBC.  The cruise fare went continuously up within hours of being available.  The cruise has gone up by $8,436/cabin or $4,218/pp from went I booked my balcony cabin..  They are offering $200/pp OBC with the Labour Day Sale.

Wow! That's some price increase. 

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Wow! That's some price increase. 

The price started jump within 1/2 hour of my agent booking mine .  It is the Solar Eclipse 2026 sailing. The Solar Eclipse 2024 cruise was sold out. A few in our Roll Call were on the 2024 sailing.

Yes, it is crazy prices.  My balcony price now is like a full suite price on any other cruise.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phabric said:

The price started jump within 1/2 hour of my agent booking mine .  It is the Solar Eclipse 2026 sailing. The Solar Eclipse 2024 cruise was sold out. A few in our Roll Call were on the 2024 sailing.

Yes, it is crazy prices.  My balcony price now is like a full suite price on any other cruise.

I booked the April 24 eclipse cruise on elite booking day and was surprised that it wasn't more expensive. I told my husband at the time that I thought somebody at Princess had dropped the ball badly on that. I guess they're making up for it now!

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I booked the April 24 eclipse cruise on elite booking day and was surprised that it wasn't more expensive. I told my husband at the time that I thought somebody at Princess had dropped the ball badly on that. I guess they're making up for it now!

Yes, they saw how popular the 2024 sailing was and cabins being booked fast for the 2026 sailing, they decided to keep increasing the price to see if people will pay and they booked.

I booked on Past Passengers day, Elite lost another perk, felt sorry for Blue passengers trying to book a week later at the higher price.

Will have to wait until final payment to see how many drop out due to the high cost.

• Like 1