Celebrity Cruise Suite tipping

CaroltheB

Just now, DaKahuna said:

I have been told differently. 

I'm taking it as asked very literally in the assumption  that it was asked intentionally.  The use of the expression "pre-paid" isn't the same as having them covered by AI.  Post-Oct 2023, there has been an option to "pre-pay" gratuities.  If that option is taken, that looks identical to an AI that covers tips.  Both cover the full standard tip/day before the cruise starts, and the way that occurred is opaque to anyone without access to the booking info.  If not taking the per diem approach, not possible to know how the money got there for a particular reservation. 

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm taking it as asked very literally in the assumption  that it was asked intentionally. 

Okay - I took it as do the staff know who has paid the gratuities ahead of time vs paying them day to day.  

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Okay - I took it as do the staff know who has paid the gratuities ahead of time vs paying them day to day.  

They certainly know who has had gratuities removed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That's definitely information that could be readily accessed aboard, though whether providing access to that information to crew is sanctioned by Miami is a different question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

That's definitely information that could be readily accessed aboard, though whether providing access to that information to crew is sanctioned by Miami is a different question.

Prepaying the gratuities or having it deducted daily is really moot but as post #56 aptly notes they are all made aware of you go to Guest Relations and request the gratuities to be deducted as that can mean either you choose to pay on cash (not getting into the actual allocation of gratuities) or you are somehow upset enough to deduct and decide not to tip certain employees.   

Like most, my standard rule is to leave an additional cash tip to my cabin steward, waiter and assistant waiter and others

as warranted on a case by case basis. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2024 at 8:30 PM, goldsmip115 said:

We were on the next cruise after Randy and Connie sailed.  We finally met them on a Millenium cruise from San Diego to Vancouver where we had both Penthouses.

Trish

We have a Penthouse for you if you are interested and the price is reasonable. If you still have our email, give us a shout. We would love to catch up.

Randy and Connie