New NCL app roll out.

On 8/31/2024 at 10:49 AM, JSar said:

Only one major problem I see with the app on my phone so far. I have a 14 day cruise - and when I am selecting dates, I can't scroll all the way down to the last couple days..

Same for me on Android.  Can't see past day 7 on a 12 day cruise.

This is because the programmers only considered default screen and font sizes.  If you've enlarged the text in any way, the rest will be off the screen.

If I change the screen font (making it small, harder to read) I get another day or two on the list.  But that's just a work-around for a basic bug from an inexperienced programmer (or was it written by an AI?).  Clearly no testing has been done before release, as is unfortunately normal for NCL.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Apparently, we are the Beta testers.

A beta tester would have a way to report problems. Just releasing to the general public without any testing means they won't hear about most bugs, as there's no way to report them. NCL don't read the comments here.

1 minute ago, Rob_H said:

A beta tester would have a way to report problems. Just releasing to the general public without any testing means they won't hear about most bugs, as there's no way to report them. NCL don't read the comments here.

You are right, but perhaps they do read the comments here but usually just ignore them?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sjnyc323 said:

Mine does say Diamond as well and now old app not working or just down 

Everything seems to be down right now. I tried both apps and the web site with no luck. 

On 9/1/2024 at 8:07 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

I agree with everything you said, and hopefully NCL will formalize those MDR reservation rule changes soon. 

FWIW here is what we’re experiencing when we try to book a reservation for 2 using the new App in one of the MDRs on our Nov cruise. In this example it appears we can book a table for 2 on Day 6 in the Summer Palace MDR at either 5:30 pm or 8:30 pm. 

IMG_1443.thumb.jpeg.8af494ee66f49c6754914b483464a2e9.jpeg

After I selected the 5:30 pm option, I added it to the Cart. However, when I tried to then go to the Cart to complete the transaction, the App just gave me a blank screen. I then logged onto my NCL web account, went to the Dining section, and clicked on the Cart. It returned an error showing that my reservation request had exceeded the 15 minute wait period and subsequently rejected the reservation, even though I performed the App operation only a few minutes before. When I went back to the App, I was finally able to see the contents of the Cart and it was empty. For reference I got the same response when we tried to make the same reservation yesterday as well as just a few minutes ago.

So for us using the App on my iPad doesn’t allow us to book a reservation for 2, even though it gives the illusion it provides that option. And hopefully they resolve that issue one way or the other as the new App evolves. 

But that’s OK. As soon as we get onboard, we’re going to head straight to the Reservation Desk and make our MDR reservations. Or better yet, maybe by the time we board the Pearl on Nov 21, the App software will be updated so that we can book our MDR reservations once its connected to the onboard intranet and associated onboard server. 🤞

The evolution of the App interface continues. It appears they have adjusted the “Number of Guests” option on the new App to coincide with what I was seeing on the website. This is what I saw today when looking at the same MDR information on our Nov cruise on the Pearl. 

IMG_3842.thumb.jpeg.6fd843b78fdde73483756f2cd69bda5b.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The evolution of the App interface continues. It appears they have adjusted the “Number of Guests” option on the new App to coincide with what I was seeing on the website. This is what I saw today when looking at the same MDR information on our Nov cruise on the Pearl. 

IMG_3842.thumb.jpeg.6fd843b78fdde73483756f2cd69bda5b.jpeg

I'd say that confirms what has been said by so many: NCL no longer accepts MDR reservations for parties of fewer than 6. 

• Like 2