Hi! Quick couple of questions for our upcoming cruise

stvntra

15 hours ago, pattyj 1204 said:

Maybe I'm old, but what about cash for cabs, ice cream cones, other snackage. Porters for luggage, souvenirs. I don't like using a credit card for any small purchases my husband has different ideas.  Just making a suggestion.  

Have fun on your cruise and stay safe.  

you are definitely NOT old! LOL I too hate to use my credit card for small purchases and will only do so if required.  I didn't mean it to sound like I wouldn't have any cash on me, I was just wondering what all everyone else uses cash for and about the amount people take on a ship with them.  However, I realize everyone's situation is different when it comes to that among other things. Thank you, we are SUPER excited and can't wait! 4 days and counting! 🙂

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

They aren’t stuck there all day.  I’m used to people just saying “thanks” for a tip.  This young man did (almost) start crying.  Not because we are special people.  Maybe he didn’t get many thank yous.  Or he was having a rough day.  We know a lot are underpaid.  And who wants to be stuck in a room for 2 hours?

I didn't take it that way - I was referring to the "almost" crying part.  I am sure they don't receive a lot of thank yous and they work so hard, which is why I always tip extra as much as I can.

2 minutes ago, stvntra said:

I didn't take it that way - I was referring to the "almost" crying part.  I am sure they don't receive a lot of thank yous and they work so hard, which is why I always tip extra as much as I can.

It wakes you up when you see these young folks, from many different countries and how much they appreciate a small tip or a kind word.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It wakes you up when you see these young folks, from many different countries and how much they appreciate a small tip or a kind word.

Absolutely! I've always been very empathetic in general, and it has always broken my heart to see the world some of these people live in.  And they are always so kind and helpful and go out of their way on the ships.  I speak and smile to everyone I meet, no matter who they are.  A smile and a hello always seem to go a long way.

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Maybe I missed it in an earlier thread? Where are you headed to? And is this your first Celebrity cruise? 

Hi! We are headed to Alaska - Vancouver, Ketchikan, Icy Straits, Juneau and yes, this is our very first Celebrity cruise, hence the reason for all of my questions - LOL  I know every line/ship is different, so just trying to make sure there isn't anything I am missing. 🙂

I always tip at least a couple of restroom attendants every cruise, except on Beyond in May. I seldom saw any on that cruise. My husband often hands a dollar or two to those he sees moping decks or cleaning railings inside the ship.  We bring lots of ones on every cruise. And you can always get more cash charged to your card if you run short during the cruise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

I always tip at least a couple of restroom attendants every cruise, except on Beyond in May. I seldom saw any on that cruise. My husband often hands a dollar or two to those he sees moping decks or cleaning railings inside the ship.  We bring lots of ones on every cruise. And you can always get more cash charged to your card if you run short during the cruise. 

Thank you for the tips 39august! I will make sure and get plenty of $1's for this! 🙂

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

It is a bit sad to see a staff member stuck in a windowless bathroom for one or two hour(s), handing out towels and cleaning the place.  I'm not sure how well they are treated, because when we offered one of them a few dollars to say thank you, he almost started crying.  They do other work during the day so they are not stuck there all the time.

We were on a TA last year (13 nights) and I was in the ladies room off of the Rendezvous Lounge at least once every evening - often twice because we spent a lot of time there and it's also the closest loo to Blu. The two women who staffed that restroom were lovely and happy and upbeat - singing, having fun, visiting with the passengers. They came and went - didn't stand there for hours on end. The only sad restroom attendants I've seen recently were in Mexico in the restroom at the port. I did give the woman a dollar or two because she looked really despondent. 

26 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

We were on a TA last year (13 nights) and I was in the ladies room off of the Rendezvous Lounge at least once every evening - often twice because we spent a lot of time there and it's also the closest loo to Blu. The two women who staffed that restroom were lovely and happy and upbeat - singing, having fun, visiting with the passengers. They came and went - didn't stand there for hours on end. The only sad restroom attendants I've seen recently were in Mexico in the restroom at the port. I did give the woman a dollar or two because she looked really despondent. 

I saw the same attendant at the beginning of dinner and again 90 minutes later.  So it’s possible they went elsewhere during that time.

1 hour ago, pattyj 1204 said:

Snvntra, Looks like you are leaving soon for Alaska. Just wanted to wish you safe travels and most importantly a fun experience. Enjoy your cruise.  

Thank you so much pattyj!! Yes, we leave on Sunday but leave tonight after work to make our way to Vancouver tomorrow! 🙂  We are SUPER excited and can't wait!  Thank you again for thinking of us and for the well wishes! 🥰