Have Booked Prima Reyk to Southampton, need advice please.

Hi all, 

we’ve booked our first NCL on Prima from Reykjavik to Iceland.

14- 24 August 2025. 

Ive now noticed the cruise from Southampton to Reykjavik( 03-14 August) includes overnight in Reykjavik and the Norway component has Bergen instead of Maloy. 

Any opinions as to whether we should consider a change. 

I’m looking to firm up air so before I do so , I was hoping for some input. 
Thank you. 

We did that cruise in 2023. We enjoyed Bergen very much. There was an overnight in Reykjavik at the end of the cruise. I do not see where this is a problem. In fact we were docked, while another cruise lines ship that I presume did not have an overnight needed to tender.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dock said:

I’m wondering  if Bergen is a better option than Maloy? 
Thank you. 

Absolutely no comparison - Bergen is by far many times better than Måløy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@dock we are on the cruise that leaves the UK on the 3rd and picked it because of Bergen. We are actually extending our vacation and joining a Scandinavia trip with Gate 1 after the NCL cruise ends so we can see more of Norway and also Sweden and Denmark since Iceland is not that far from there.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 1:41 AM, dock said:

Apologies, if not clear.

@hallasmI’m wondering  if Bergen is a better option than Maloy? 
Thank you. 

Yes. It's a large historical city with a lot of things to do, and Måløy is not really developed for tourism. Then again, I'm from Bergen, so I'm not 100% neutral here.

It's not that Måløy is a bad place. If you were on a roadtrip it would be worth a stop. But it just doesn't have all the things that the city ports have, and you don't get to go deep into the fjord either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HaakonKL said:

Yes. It's a large historical city with a lot of things to do, and Måløy is not really developed for tourism. Then again, I'm from Bergen, so I'm not 100% neutral here.

It's not that Måløy is a bad place. If you were on a roadtrip it would be worth a stop. But it just doesn't have all the things that the city ports have, and you don't get to go deep into the fjord either.

We did enjoy Bergen. The only problem was we did not have enough time to see everything we wanted to see. Actually, it would have been a better use of the time in Bergen with the same amount of time if the ship had docked and left later as some things were not yet open when we first disembarked.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone recall when all excursion's were released.

We still don’t have any for Gerainger and its less than a year to departure,

Off course with all NCL itinerary changes I’ve checked port schedule and it’s still listed but I’m getting a bit stressed lol.