Notes from Queen Anne to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

9 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I didn’t have one in my cabin on QA in July or see any about but just as well as it was very hot for the whole two weeks. I expect they store them and bring out depending on itinerary. 

I’ve always had one in my (Grills) cabins, I think. They have varied in size. The QA ones were nice and large.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Dozens of them on QA in May, especially for the Liverpool fireworks.

That was the cruise with Cunard guests.  Like all the other cruises i have done outside Grills there was nothing on the QA maiden.  It was so cold in the Pavillion with the roof closed for evening events that people were wrapping in and under pool towels.  

This sounds like a very enjoyable and relaxed voyage - I completely get the vibe about staying onboard and just appreciating the views with a book. Mr K and I do get off at each port but we rarely do an organised tour and will usually get off late morning and just potter about and see what we can see (apart from the sea of course!). In 15 years of cruising together we have only managed a restaurant breakfast once!  It’s lovely just to be cosseted for a week or two, free from cooking & chores.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

Thanks all for the responses, it is a Norway & Northern Lights cruise we are on. News of blankets and flasks of tea and coffee is very pleasing to hear!

So are we! Not much longer to go.

• Like 3

No blankets required on this trip fortunately so just pool towels in the cabin. 

Gala night dinner was as good as it sounded, although Mr HH ordered the shortbread after being warned off it and it wasn't the best choice. I had stuck with souffle, after being missing completely on QM2 last year they have been on every formal night menu so far.

We went up to the Commodore Club to listen to the duo Amethyst and then to the theatre which was packed for the Queens of Rhythm. 

We went out onto the Promenade Deck to see the Supermoon and realised we'd have a better view from our balcony. It was still a pleasantly warm evening. 

20240917_231315.jpg

20240917_231352.jpg

• Like 9

Enjoyed a lovely dinner in Sir Samuel’s for last night’s gala evening. I was invited to come back today by the maitre’d - so I shall! 

IMG_8250.thumb.jpeg.388e303c6a4308bca808c198f33a3d49.jpegIMG_8251.thumb.jpeg.720ad0d1229cb34a412145ce9d530ccb.jpeg

Nothing much planned for this morning, but will be doing the behind the scenes tour this afternoon and Noir this evening, so looking forward to that! 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Enjoyed a lovely dinner in Sir Samuel’s for last night’s gala evening. I was invited to come back today by the maitre’d - so I shall! 

IMG_8250.thumb.jpeg.388e303c6a4308bca808c198f33a3d49.jpegIMG_8251.thumb.jpeg.720ad0d1229cb34a412145ce9d530ccb.jpeg

Nothing much planned for this morning, but will be doing the behind the scenes tour this afternoon and Noir this evening, so looking forward to that! 

Are they still only doing one show in Bright Lights all week?

Can't remember what the one we saw was called... was pretty good though

20 hours ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

Thanks all for the responses, it is a Norway & Northern Lights cruise we are on. News of blankets and flasks of tea and coffee is very pleasing to hear!

No flasks provided in QG, just mugs of lovely coffee to have on a very cold [-8C with windchill apparently in Isafjordur]  deck 11.  Take a hot water bottle, just in case you sit out on deck.

• Thanks 1

Another sunny, lazy sea day. I missed breakfast, Mr HH brought me muffins to keep me going. 

We had lunch in the dining room and pre-ordered a la carte for dinner. He went to do badly in the Black Jack tournament and I went briefly to the Pavilion pool area and then to the terrace area behind the Commodore Club to watch the sail by Gibraltar.

20240918_131852.jpg

20240918_131914.jpg

20240918_132317.jpg

20240918_132424.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

While I think the dishes are very nice, some of the menu combinations are weird. Why have Indonesian Chicken Salad and Malaysian Chilli Chicken the same night?

Those of us who adore Asian culinary offerings would be delighted to have both the mentioned appetiser and entrée. An 'Asian evening' without having to pre order or pop off to Bamboo!

We went to the World Club party in the Pavilion, it was lovely to have it in the open air just after sunset. 

We'd both pre-ordered from the a la carte menu and I had the pate from the a la carte as well. It was Crepes Suzette night so need to choose anything from the Daily Menu.

We went to the Queens Room to watch the dancing for a while and then to the theatre for the second show from the Australian acrobats/jugglers.

20240918_192253.jpg

20240918_194804.jpg

20240918_211719.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Those of us who adore Asian culinary offerings would be delighted to have both the mentioned appetiser and entrée. An 'Asian evening' without having to pre order or pop off to Bamboo!

Yes, that is a good point, though I think I would prefer them to be spread around a bit.