Balcony Guarantee - What did you get?

We currently have a Central Park Interior (refundable) booked for 3 on Oasis for a future cruise. Got a great price.

For $135 more, we can book a Balcony Guarantee.  If we did this, it would mean switching to non-refundable which isn't a definite no, but we prefer to book refundable, especially when it's so far out.

Curious...for those that booked Balcony Guarantee, what room did you end up with?  I'm assuming a true balcony is very unlikely (esp as this will be March/spring break), but did you end up with a Central Park Balcony or Boardwalk Balcony?  (Or regular balcony?. But guessing none of these).

For a BW, it might be worth it...even though location wouldn't be ideal and most likely far from aft and high up), but not for a Central Park Balcony which is the same room as our booking but with a small outside space that doesn't even see the ocean.

7 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We currently have a Central Park Interior (refundable) booked for 3 on Oasis for a future cruise. Got a great price.

For $135 more, we can book a Balcony Guarantee.  If we did this, it would mean switching to non-refundable which isn't a definite no, but we prefer to book refundable, especially when it's so far out.

Curious...for those that booked Balcony Guarantee, what room did you end up with?  I'm assuming a true balcony is very unlikely (esp as this will be March/spring break), but did you end up with a Central Park Balcony or Boardwalk Balcony?  (Or regular balcony?. But guessing none of these).

For a BW, it might be worth it...even though location wouldn't be ideal and most likely far from aft and high up), but not for a Central Park Balcony which is the same room as our booking but with a small outside space that doesn't even see the ocean.

we have done a neighborhood balcony guarantee twice and both times we have been pleased with our assignment.  They were both Boardwalk balconies but the location was great.

we do understand it is a gamble but we are willing to take that chance

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

When you call, ask what category of Balcony GTY it is.
That is if it is XB or XN balcony GTY. If it is XB, it is an OCEANVIEW Balcony (true balcony as you put it) GTY.
If XN, it is a neighborhood balcony.
Then go from there.
We see if XB is available, since many times we cannot see on the website, but the reps can see it from their end. For XB, we have usually been assigned D3s on deck 7, 8, 9, and in pretty good locations.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

22 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

You cannot tell in most cases via the website but balcony just means balcony and in most cases it will be an XN which is a neighbourhood balcony

27 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Going by your signature you are either the 8 day Mar 7 (not school break in Ontario) or the 6 day on March 15th (this is spring break..very late this year)

There are no XB or XN guarantees for either sailing.  There is a 4D GTY or a 2I Boardwalk GTY available for both sailing

This is the 15th

image.thumb.png.9ace26a1b4263477eaebfc9800a416e5.png

This is the 7th and based on the prices you mentioned it would be a Boardwalk balciny you are looking at

image.thumb.png.c5345601518d1c165049d091defb9978.png

43 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Going by your signature you are either the 8 day Mar 7 (not school break in Ontario) or the 6 day on March 15th (this is spring break..very late this year)

There are no XB or XN guarantees for either sailing.  There is a 4D GTY or a 2I Boardwalk GTY available for both sailing

This is the 15th

image.thumb.png.9ace26a1b4263477eaebfc9800a416e5.png

This is the 7th and based on the prices you mentioned it would be a Boardwalk balciny you are looking at

image.thumb.png.c5345601518d1c165049d091defb9978.png

This is for March 15, 2026. ...so our March break.

Duh...I looked again and it actually says Boardwalk View Balcony Guarantee...so we know the room type then only mystery is location.  I guess I just noticed the "guarantee" name the first time.  My bad.  Thanks for looking and for your feedback!

(I am still curious on what others do get when it's a general guarantee)

image.png

Edited by LuCruise

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

We currently have a Central Park Interior ... booked for 3 on Oasis

You should re-think the RoyalUP. The CP view interiors are the best secret on Oasis Class, the best value, and my favorite cabin category for the price. They are larger than most interior cabins... the entire balcony of the cabin above makes up part of the interior space. So for three people this gives you the best bang for the buck regarding space for the 3 of you.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

You should re-think the RoyalUP. The CP view interiors are the best secret on Oasis Class, the best value, and my favorite cabin category for the price. They are larger than most interior cabins... the entire balcony of the cabin above makes up part of the interior space. So for three people this gives you the best bang for the buck regarding space for the 3 of you.

Thanks for the feedback!  We've stayed in promenade rooms before but never central park interior .  Good to hear positive things about them. 

11 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the feedback!  We've stayed in promenade rooms before but never central park interior .  Good to hear positive things about them. 

These are more spacious than Voyager/Freedom Class Promenade views interiors.

And like OV balcony cabins, you'll find these cabins interchanging from bed-close-to-bathroom to bed-close-to-window. 

Here's my last one I had on Harmony... the furniture is the newer style, Oasis will still have the dated brown/beige cabinets & green sofa bed, however the size/space will be exactly the same.

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2362.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Thanks 1

Just echoing Hoopster, I love the Central Park interior room, especially that little seat at the window. 

We also much prefer Central Park balconies to Boardwalk, much quieter. Instead of screaming loud noise until midnight you get peaceful live music, and it ends by 9:30 most nights. 

54 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

Just echoing Hoopster, I love the Central Park interior room, especially that little seat at the window. 

We also much prefer Central Park balconies to Boardwalk, much quieter. Instead of screaming loud noise until midnight you get peaceful live music, and it ends by 9:30 most nights. 

Thanks.  We do like Boardwalk balcony rooms but agree, it can be noisy at night.  Have yet to stay in Centra Park interior or balcony (first time will be in December). Think we'll stick with our Central Park Interior.

56 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  We do like Boardwalk balcony rooms but agree, it can be noisy at night.  Have yet to stay in Centra Park interior or balcony (first time will be in December). Think we'll stick with our Central Park Interior.

In the last several months we have stayed in a CP Balcony on Icon, Symphony, Allure and Utopia. The only time we heard noise in the cabin (with the balcony door closed) was on Utopia. But that wasn’t too surprising since RCI is marketing Utopia as the “ultimate party ship” and it definitely lives up to that name. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Similar to the promenade rooms...

Natural outdoor sunlight vs. interior lighting from the Promenade. You'll see for yourself when you get to your cabin... these are way better than the promenade rooms. Have a great cruise! 👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

In the last several months we have stayed in a CP Balcony on Icon, Symphony, Allure and Utopia. The only time we heard noise in the cabin (with the balcony door closed) was on Utopia. But that wasn’t too surprising since RCI is marketing Utopia as the “ultimate party ship” and it definitely lives up to that name. 

We actually have one booked on our upcoming Icon cruise so it'll be our first time trying it. It will be for 4 so prob a bit squishy but we'll make it work.  From pictures, it seems like on Icon though, there is a window ledge vs an actual seat.

9 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Natural outdoor sunlight vs. interior lighting from the Promenade. You'll see for yourself when you get to your cabin... these are way better than the promenade rooms. Have a great cruise! 👍

Good point. Thanks for the note. Natural light will be nice.  Promenade rooms are fun to look out so CP Interior will have that too. The location is pretty good too as it's central all around.

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Was the noise coming from CP or the decks up above? If CP was loud at night then that truly must be a party ship.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was the noise coming from CP or the decks up above? If CP was loud at night then that truly must be a party ship.

Perhaps from music playing in the CP?
There were small groups of singers/musicians/or solo  playing nightly at Central park on the Symphony and the Wonder. Nothing crazy loud, but perhaps it is loud for some CP balcony residents, since there are people listening and clapping and some loudly talking and ha ha ing.