Discovery Princess - Can't Make Sabatini's Reservation

jamivie

My wife and I will be sailing on the Discovery Nov 30th to Mexico on 7 night cruise.  For the past several weeks, since we made our final payment, we have been trying to get a reservation at Sabatini's through the app.  There are no time's available the entire cruise.  Can this be right?  There are many spots just about anytime for the Catch and Crown Grill.  Last time we were on the Discovery to Alaska a couple years ago, we were able to make a same day reservation on board. Thoughts or advice would be appreciated.  Maybe this has to do with the new Princess Premier plan (we are on the Plus program)?

@jamivie keep trying often ,passengers cancel . They also may open more reservations. Call dine line once onboard if you have not secured a reservation prior to cruise. Be flexible on time. Might have to dine late rather than early.

Book Crown and or Catch, then ask onboard about Sabatini’s and switch restaurants if possible .

Are you just planning on 1 SD? Book your second choice since it’s available to do.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

We are seeing the same thing with our Discovery booking for November 2nd. Crown and Catch are wide open but not a single time available for Sabatini's for the entire voyage. Seems strange to me as well!

• Like 1

Happened to us prior to our July cruise on the Discovery.  There's some kind of a glitch in the app, the hostess onboard seemed to know about it.  We went to Sabatini's soon after boarding and had our pick of times for the week.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the ideas and insights.  Kind of had similar thoughts.  We are only doing one specialty dining this cruise, and Sabatini's is our preference.  Our next 10 day cruise in March with our girls we have reservations for the Catch and Crown.  We didn't want to go to the Catch for the first time without our girls, so that is why not doing it this cruise.  Have never had an issue with reservations before (or even getting them once on board), so not really worried about it.  Just wondered what might be up.  Happy cruising everyone!!

• Thanks 1

We're booked on a 7-day Alaska. I've been trying for a month to get a reservation in Crown Grill, and the app (and website) has been showing zero availability every night. Went into the app last night and BOOM they unlocked whatever they needed to do and now it's available.

No idea if our experience is what you're going through, but I do suggest patience and repetition. It will resolve itself, somehow sometime, and you'll get in. 😉

• Like 1