SEA to YYZ after cruise, is 11:30am flight to early?

Hello,

Looking at an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle next Spring. Air Canada has a flight leaving SEA at 11:30am. 
Would you, or have you, caught this flight? We do have Nexus cards so immigration should go somewhat quickly.

We would take a taxi from pier to airport also to be on the safer side. 
I,m afraid it’s too early, so wondering what others flying to Toronto from Seattle have done post cruise.

Thank you

It's about a 20 minute drive, so you should be ok with an 11:30 flight, particularly if you self-disembark. That's the same time as a drive to the airport in Fort Lauderdale, and I use 11:30 as my cut off time (no flights earlier than 11:30).

Unlike pre-clearance in Canada when flying to the US, there is no pre-clearance capability when flying from the US to Canada. Consequently, you won't need to pass through immigration in Seattle. On the other hand, NEXUS members have expedited screening with TSA Pre✓, so you'll definitely save time there. If you aren't familiar with Pre✓, this Air Canada webpage covers the basics: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/plan/travel-requirements/tsa-precheck.html#/home:

21 hours ago, sun, sand, cocktail said:

Hello,

Looking at an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle next Spring. Air Canada has a flight leaving SEA at 11:30am. 
Would you, or have you, caught this flight? We do have Nexus cards so immigration should go somewhat quickly.

We would take a taxi from pier to airport also to be on the safer side. 
I,m afraid it’s too early, so wondering what others flying to Toronto from Seattle have done post cruise.

Thank you

I agree with others that you will be okay, BUT, do confirm the docking time of the ship, and ensure that you can debark, at 7:30am or 8:00am on your own.  

Don't put your luggage out the night before, keep it so that you can take it.

I always err on the side of caution, and would want to be at the airport 3 hours in advance, but if you can debark and jump in a cab at 8-8:30am, I believe that you will be fine.

You should probably ask on the Seattle board or your cruise line. I think that Seattle is unique in that they send your luggage to the airport directly from the ship and check it for you. There is probably a cutoff time for this. 

FWIW, Seattle traffic is horrendous and it has always taken us a super long time from arrival at the airport to the gate. I always make sure that we are there at least three hours prior but I have never done it from a disembarking ship so I don’t have any experience with that. 

Thank you everyone for your quick replies.

We always travel with only a carry on roller bag each and always do the self-assist debark. I had forgotten that flying out of the US we get TSA Pre✔️ with our Nexus cards and which we’ve used before and it’s quick.

It’s NCL Encore that I’m looking at for next Spring, and while reading a cruise review from last spring and another from last month in which they included pictures of the debarkation information, the cruise line offers transfers to the airport for flights leaving as early as 10am-11am. I was quit shocked at that but it did make me feel better lol.

We would still get off early and grab a taxi anyways.

Actually I put the cruise on deposit last night and we have until December to decide what to do.

Again, thank you for your replies.

• Like 2