Has crystal cruise line maintained its high standards?

TR1963

1 hour ago, Txcotn said:

For the bath product people who are dissatisfied - I've been around long enough to remember the Neutrogena! We've come a long way, Baby!

Some of us go back to Crystal's Sebastian amenity days!  😊 Wow I'm old...

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

My response to your question is addressed by the below linked review. Two notes; 1. I should have reviewed the onboard WiFi/Internet - it was about 95% uptime, with no continuing login/logout requirement, thus very convenient and efficient - we, at times had 2 or 3 devices each connected; unsure whether there is an actual limit, but we never got bounced from a connection; we used standard connection - not sure if "upgrade" is available - but not needed in our case. We did not test any heavy bandwidth streaming apps - used only for emails, messaging etc. Very happy with their system. 2. Our butler referred to in the review is actually 30+ years with Crystal -first served on Harmony; only handles Deck 10 in Symphony currently - count yourself lucky if you get him. Apologies for a few typos but intended meaning should be evident.

Link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=719913

Happy sailing

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2024 at 4:17 AM, Keith1010 said:

Just one additional comment at least for now.

My experience is if you liked old Crystal to me it is even better including the lower capacity as Whipsnade mentioned and in other areas such as enhanced cuisine.

We have been thrilled with new Crystal.

Keith

On board the Serenity and totally agree with Keith.  Here is an example of the superb service..my husband was on line at the Future Cruise desk.  The couple that was being assisted ahead of him was taking considerable time.  Out of the corner of his eye, my husband saw that a member of the front desk staff had noticed  the situation and disappeared.  Thirty seconds later a second Future Cruise associate came out, apologized for the delay and answered all of our questions!  Just can't say enough good stuff about the staff on Crystal!

• Like 6

MrsSheba, you have provided a great example of Crystal with your experience waiting to see one of the Future Cruise/Loyalty Managers.  

I do think the discussion about shampoo indicates that if this is one of only a few concerns than new Crystal has hit the mark. 

I remember when the ships were first purchased there was lots of concern expressed on this forum including things would change, crew wouldn't return, food would not be as it was, service would not be as it was, enrichment wouldn't be as it was, etc.,etc., etc.

This turned out to be incorrect and almost everyone I see posting here and on other sites and those that I have sailed with mainly say new Crystal is better than before or at least equal to it was. In my book that says it all.

As to the bath products. Whenever this discussion has come up and it has come up about every shampoo, conditioner and soap product as long as I have been on Cruise Critic my answer is simple. We are all human. We all have different opinions. We all have differences such as smell and texture or length of hair, etc., etc. etc.

So IMHO we are never going to find products we all agree on.  

For example, what deodorant do you use? I know TMI but I can tell you that there are some types of ones that give me a rash yet others such as my wife use. Go figure. 

In our case, Anne Marie brings her own shampoo, conditioner, shower soap and other soaps such as what she uses to wash her hands.  She does this whether we stay at a hotel or take a cruise.

Me, I know bring my own face soap but I use all of the other soaps.

At to Neutrogena, the shower gel causes problems for me including sores on my ankles. I am not alone as a very dear friend had the same problem.

In terms of the pumps, I do find some of them a bit hard to use as they sometimes get stuck.  I do prefer them over those Neurogena ones as I found there was a lot of waste with the shampoo and the conditioner.  

Crystal is wonderful so if there is a problem with the physical pump I suspect they can probably come up with a solution or as has been mentioned there is always the option of bringing ones own.

Thankfully there is so much that we can all agree about that shows that new Crystal for some is as good as old Crystal and for others it is even better.  

Happy Crystal Cruising.

Keith

• Like 2