NCL booking advice after an upgrade

toniponi

I recently called NCL to find out about an upgrade.  I explained that I had seen a drop in price and asked if there was anything that could be done or upgrade because of the difference in prices.  The gentleman I spoke to told me yes.  He said we could have an upgrade to a club balcony.  I asked him if that included everything that we already had and what was "extra" in that upgrade.  He told me that everything would automatically change over with the booking of the upgrade including the free at sea and that there would also be a refund due to the price change.  I said go ahead.  I have now found out since calling NCL today that everything did not transfer over as stated.  It appears that our free at sea has been cancelled which I had no knowledge of and we have been charged for the specialty bookings we had made which were originally included in the free at sea.  It appears that NCL just did what they like and forgot to actually explain this.  They also stated that there was a refund, which, so far, has not appeared on our bank statements.  If and when this does appear we may ask for the free at sea to be reinstated and pay for it but I am extremely annoyed that they just took it away without any explanation until I called and found out.  Apparently the refund was the free at sea.  I have sent in a complaint form asking all the relevant questions and just got a blanket response of "I can see our resolution desk confirmed that if you would like to have the Free At Sea on this reservation you would need to pay the extra cost of having this added".  No answers to my questions. Is there anything I can do about this apart from paying for the free at sea when and if the refund comes through?

if the price drop you saw online was a guarantee cabin and you moved to that guarantee cabin, you will lose your free at sea perks. there is no free at sea perks with guarantee cabins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, shof515 said:

if the price drop you saw online was a guarantee cabin and you moved to that guarantee cabin, you will lose your free at sea perks. there is no free at sea perks with guarantee cabins

It’s the sail away category that has no perks.  I had a guarantee and it came with FAS.

• Like 1

My advice to anyone booking a cruise, do your research carefully, choose the exact cabin that finds yours needs and within your price range.  I also advice to choose a cabin that is sandwiched between decks that have cabins above and below the cabin you want.  Book that cabin and stay with it.  What NCL considers an upgrade may not be what you would consider an upgrade.  By bidding or just calling to get an upgrade, you upgrade cabin could be above or below a public space like the theater, buffet or other public space.

• Like 1

The FreeAtSea SHOULD transfer to the new room. Somehow it didn't, and that's wrong,but just add it again! You got the money you paid for it back. (Or you will get it back. Might take some time though. Usually a few days but currently I have been waiting for a month so it seems Finance is having some sort of problem)

FWIW a I have done several upgrades through my PCC and FAS has always transferred. If I booked when it was half price (EU) that discount disappeares but package still remains.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 8:55 PM, www3traveler said:

My advice to anyone booking a cruise, do your research carefully, choose the exact cabin that finds yours needs and within your price range.  I also advice to choose a cabin that is sandwiched between decks that have cabins above and below the cabin you want.  Book that cabin and stay with it.  What NCL considers an upgrade may not be what you would consider an upgrade.  By bidding or just calling to get an upgrade, you upgrade cabin could be above or below a public space like the theater, buffet or other public space.

Use a TA.

Costs nothing and they would have caught OPs issues.

5 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Use a TA.

Costs nothing and they would have caught OPs issues.

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Exactly!!!  I have a travel agent in my hometown.  I would not go a cruise without his help.

And a good TA will give a 8-10% discount over the cruise fare.  Plua what ever amenities  offered by the cruise line.