Cabin Question - Symphony of the Sea / below the sport court on Deck 14

Hello everyone! 

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 14714 on Symphony of the Sea? We booked a GTY, (the only option available at time of book) and it looks like we got this cabin based on the Apple wallet coding. 

1. We have a family 3, but it looks like this cabin might only fit two. Has anyone stayed in this cabin with 3 ppl? Did the configuration change? 

2. The cabin is underneath the Sport Deck? Did you experience any noise issues? If so, how disruptive was it? 

3. Are there any other issues we should be aware of or prepare for? 

Thanks so much!! 

19 minutes ago, missyprincess said:

Hello everyone! 

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 14714 on Symphony of the Sea? We booked a GTY, (the only option available at time of book) and it looks like we got this cabin based on the Apple wallet coding. 

1. We have a family 3, but it looks like this cabin might only fit two. Has anyone stayed in this cabin with 3 ppl? Did the configuration change? 

2. The cabin is underneath the Sport Deck? Did you experience any noise issues? If so, how disruptive was it? 

Thanks so much!! 

If it says 3 will fit, they will fit. 

I personally wouldn't want to be below it if you spend time in your cabin during the day. I once was under the tread mills in the spa and heard every step though was on princess. Not my choice for a cabin but unless another cabin open same exact category cant move without being refared.

Edited by firefly333

53 minutes ago, missyprincess said:

We have a family 3, but it looks like this cabin might only fit two. Has anyone stayed in this cabin with 3 ppl? Did the configuration change? 

You got plenty of room!!!  😁

image.thumb.png.540bf7077a36128e96180a261267717e.png

But with the Sport Deck above... you're definitely gonna hear stuff...  Not only the bouncing balls but you might also hear the deck chairs being dragged around...  So your only relief might be on Rainy days where everyone stays indoors...

image.thumb.png.38ad382d3a21298d6f543f1bc4cba9e5.png

2 hours ago, missyprincess said:

Hello everyone! 

Thanks so much!! 

The couch is not a pullout sofa bed.  It will be made up as a single bed.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If it says 3 will fit, they will fit. 

I personally wouldn't want to be below it if you spend time in your cabin during the day. I once was under the tread mills in the spa and heard every step though was on princess. Not my choice for a cabin but unless another cabin open same exact category cant move without being refared.

@firefly333 I know! We're stuck... and we can't really do much until the cabin is officially assigned to us, as it's still showing as GTY on our booking. 😞

3 hours ago, buffet24 said:

You got plenty of room!!!  😁

@buffet24 Wow, Did you stay in the same cabin! it looks amazing! Thanks for sharing, noise is definitely a concern. But if we have no other choice, I guess being on vacaton is better than working lol 

1 hour ago, Ken at the beach said:

The couch is not a pullout sofa bed.  It will be made up as a single bed.

@Ken at the beach ah... that's good to know. Thanks so much.

47 minutes ago, missyprincess said:

We're stuck... and we can't really do much until the cabin is officially assigned to us, as it's still showing as GTY on our booking. 😞

You didn’t mention when this cruise is, but it must be fairly soon if you can already see your cabin assignment with the apples wallet scan.

See if your TA will call the Revenue Department and get your cabin officially released.  At that point you can change cabins (if that’s what you want to do) if there is another room available in the same category.  Step #1 in this process is to get Revenue involved….they are the ones who have to release the room.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

See if your TA will call the Revenue Department and get your cabin officially released.  At that point you can change cabins (if that’s what you want to do) if there is another room available in the same category.  Step #1 in this process is to get Revenue involved….they are the ones who have to release the room.

@RFerrington That’s good to know! We called our TA right after checking in but was told she couldn’t do much until the cabin is assigned. She said she even called Royal for us…. I’ll try reaching out again! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, missyprincess said:

@RFerrington That’s good to know! We called our TA right after checking in but was told she couldn’t do much until the cabin is assigned. She said she even called Royal for us…. I’ll try reaching out again! 

I ve gone the route that was suggested and have had success less than 20% of the time.  There is a reason that they no longer release them until close to sailing and that is to stop people from switching cabins.

12 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

There is a reason that they no longer release them until close to sailing and that is to stop people from switching cabins.

Has asking to be put back into the GTY pool (after cabin assignment) gone away?