When does OBC from Celebrity VISA spending bonus expire?

zitsky

Does the OBC from the Celebrity VISA spending bonus ever expire?  Do I need to use it on my next cruise or can I save it for the future?

And how do you convert points to OBC?  Is that through Bank of America or through Celebrity?

Thanks.

We had converted points for a price reduction prior to covid. The cruise was cancelled and we used the points for a cruise 2 or 3 years after we converted the points.

You go to the BOA website under Rewards, View My Cruise Points. Once you redeem them you might need to call Celebrity to apply them.

• Thanks 1

I know this might be foreign to many people but does anyone bother research and understand the rules etc when they sign up for things or just oooo....free obc yeh.   SMH  Honestly its a terrible card overall for rewards especially if you do any type of travel.  Of course the google search is very hard to do also I understand  5 Things to Know About the Celebrity Cruises Credit Card - NerdWallet

Points expire after 5 years. 

look under view cruise points and then you should see (on the right) a place to click to see when your points expire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I know this might be foreign to many people but does anyone bother research and understand the rules etc when they sign up for things or just oooo....free obc yeh.   SMH  Honestly its a terrible card overall for rewards especially if you do any type of travel.  Of course the google search is very hard to do also I understand  5 Things to Know About the Celebrity Cruises Credit Card - NerdWallet

I have 5 other credit cards.  I wasn’t the top student in my finance class but yes I know how to read.  I just thought I would ask people who actually have the card.  Couldn’t you have just googled for your answer?  😳

Thanks to the others who shared their opinions.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

I signed up for the $300 OBC. Paid the balance of the cruise with it and then paid off the balance on the card. I won't use it again after this trip. I have other cards with better benefits for everyday purchases. 

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

Absolutely, I did read the rules. Signed up for the card, got a bonus for signing up, spent enough on it to generate OBC enough to cover gratuities, then stuck it in a dresser drawer. Once the points are transferred and the cruise completed, I will cancel it.

What's your point?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Absolutely, I did read the rules. Signed up for the card, got a bonus for signing up, spent enough on it to generate OBC enough to cover gratuities, then stuck it in a dresser drawer. Once the points are transferred and the cruise completed, I will cancel it.

What's your point?

My Verizon card is sitting in a drawer.  I signed up for their auto bill pay bonus which they just reduced from $10 to $5 a month.  Tricky devils.

I only use the card for RCL group cruises, deposits, cruise planner items, final payments. Double points.  Moved $700 to RCL new years eve cruise OBC as I don't have drink package, tips or anything else in cruise only fare.

Never carry a balance on any cards.

Edited by fliprcruiser

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

What's your point?

The only reason I will keep mine open is it's not good for you credit score to keep  closing accounts. I have a Princess card with credit. It's in a drawer and I only use it when they threaten to close the account for not being active. I just purchased $7.00 luggage tags on Amazon with it. That will hold me for another year. I plan on doing the same with Celebrity.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does the OBC from the Celebrity VISA spending bonus ever expire?  Do I need to use it on my next cruise or can I save it for the future?

And how do you convert points to OBC?  Is that through Bank of America or through Celebrity?

Thanks.

4 questions, 4 answers (without all the self-serving commentary)

1.  Yes.

2.  No, yes (sort of).  Expiration date(s) is shown on the BoA website.

3.  Call Captains Club (best) or use the BoA online portal (unpredictable)

4.  Thru BoA, not X.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1