Singapore to Mumbai April 2025 cancelled

janieb1962

51 minutes ago, Prof calculus said:

yes disappointed was booked to on this cruise as well , SS offering 15% of next cruise .

Sadly can’t see one I like enough at the moment for the right price obvs… we had this one booked for ages so a really good deal 

13 hours ago, janieb1962 said:

So gutted to have our cruise cancelled . Understand why due to issues in Red Sea and Suez Canal, but so disappointed! 

Did this cruise transit the Red Sea? The route from Singapore to Mumbai doesn’t appear to require a Red Sea transit. 

5 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

True it doesn’t, but SS probably needs the extra time it will take avoiding the Red Sea and to get round Africa in time for the lucrative Med season without heading into Mumbai. 

I’m surprised they didn’t just eliminate the leg after Mumbai. Perhaps, occupancy was low on the Singapore to Mumbai segment.

10 hours ago, Syd58 said:

I’m surprised they didn’t just eliminate the leg after Mumbai. Perhaps, occupancy was low on the Singapore to Mumbai segment.

Actually it was fully booked last time I looked . 

10 hours ago, jollyjones said:

True it doesn’t, but SS probably needs the extra time it will take avoiding the Red Sea and to get round Africa in time for the lucrative Med season without heading into Mumbai. 

This was the email we received 

We trust this letter finds you well. Given the evolving situation in the Middle East, which is also affecting navigation through the Suez Canal, we have readjusted our scheduled deployment for Silver Whisper in 2025 to ensure we maintain the highest level of service and security for our guests.

In light of these adjustments to Silver Whisper sailing schedule, your voyage was regrettably cancelled, as the ship must now navigate around the African continent to arrive in the Mediterranean. Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this news may bring.

14 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Sorry to hear on this "adventure sailing" being cancelled.  It is correct from jollyjones as to the why involving the large amount of time and distance needed to circumnavigate Africa via the southern route involving Cape Town.  

As detailed below on my live/blog for our February 2024 Mumbai to Singapore sailing, we were on "pins and needles" waiting and hoping in December 2023 and January 2024 to see what Silversea would do.  Or, not?  

AND, following day-by-day, as to if and when the Silver Moon would arrive in India by the promised date of Feb. 14.  We were suppose to sail away on Feb. 11, but that got delayed by three days.  

From talking with a number of crew who sailed around Africa during that period, it was a different challenge to cover such a massive distance without passengers and having very limited port stops.  Not your normal sailing for these dedicated staff members!!  Lots of serious logical, re-supply, etc., issues to be managed.  The Silver Moon staff were happy to greet us after that long, long Africa circumnavigation.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

India to Singapore 2024:  Live/Blog over 22,150+ views with many visuals, including for “Golden Triangle”, Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Malaysia:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992045-live-terryohio-india-to-signapore-silver-moon-rising-pix’s/

4 hours ago, Syd58 said:

Was this part of a world cruise?

No it wasn’t. The world cruise is on the Silver Dawn, and does not involve passage through the Red Sea. It will start in Tokyo, and go around the Cape in South Africa and up the Atlantic Coast.

1 hour ago, fdnycruiser said:

No it wasn’t. The world cruise is on the Silver Dawn, and does not involve passage through the Red Sea. It will start in Tokyo, and go around the Cape in South Africa and up the Atlantic Coast.

We are on the Dawn’s world cruise in 2027  I don’t believe it involves a Red Sea transit either.

On 9/15/2024 at 11:56 PM, Syd58 said:

We are on the Dawn’s world cruise in 2027  I don’t believe it involves a Red Sea transit either.

I have booked that cruise as well.  With the on/off problems in various countries that might yet be on again in 2027, I would never book a Suez Canal transit future cruise of any sort.  This thread and a similar one shows the angst of cruisers waiting for information. Also how late that information is given!  Refunds never cover an alternative cruise, either. 

On 9/17/2024 at 9:21 PM, Port Power said:

I have booked that cruise as well.  With the on/off problems in various countries that might yet be on again in 2027, I would never book a Suez Canal transit future cruise of any sort.  This thread and a similar one shows the angst of cruisers waiting for information. Also how late that information is given!  Refunds never cover an alternative cruise, either. 

They have Singapore to Mumbai on mar 2027 , however even with the 15% discount isn’t offered due to the cancellation it is several thousand pounds more expensive! And they want an additional £1500 on top of the £2000 they have had since February 2023, I’m afraid although it’s not their fault I’m not feeling like booking again 😩

• Like 1

This article certainly means that no cruise ship will transit the Red Sea for the rest of this year and suggests that we should be very wary of booking cruises close to an advertised transit of it in the next couple of years at least.

"Currently, we are seeing premiums as high as 2% on vessel value for a single Red Sea transit amid fluctuating insurer appetite," said Louise Nevill, UK CEO, marine, cargo & logistics, with broker Marsh."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/red-sea-insurance-costs-soar-houthi-shipping-threats-loom-sources-say-2024-09-19/

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, drron29 said:

This article certainly means that no cruise ship will transit the Red Sea for the rest of this year and suggests that we should be very wary of booking cruises close to an advertised transit of it in the next couple of years at least.

"Currently, we are seeing premiums as high as 2% on vessel value for a single Red Sea transit amid fluctuating insurer appetite," said Louise Nevill, UK CEO, marine, cargo & logistics, with broker Marsh."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/red-sea-insurance-costs-soar-houthi-shipping-threats-loom-sources-say-2024-09-19/

And judging by the hugely increased daily amount of fighter jets that have been training overhead here in N Wales recently, it may be some time before things quieten down. They might, of course be taking a more Easterly route eventually but who knows? 

Edited by DavyWavey70
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, janieb1962 said:

They have Singapore to Mumbai on mar 2027 , however even with the 15% discount isn’t offered due to the cancellation it is several thousand pounds more expensive! And they want an additional £1500 on top of the £2000 they have had since February 2023, I’m afraid although it’s not their fault I’m not feeling like booking again 😩

So we have decided to ask for a refund… can you believe silversea small print says it could take 90 days to process this!! No interest is appended even though they have had our deposit since Feb 2023! How can it realistically take this long !

1 hour ago, janieb1962 said:

So we have decided to ask for a refund… can you believe silversea small print says it could take 90 days to process this!! No interest is appended even though they have had our deposit since Feb 2023! How can it realistically take this long !

It shouldn’t. Allowing for the usual employee lethargy, that refund could be processed and in your account with in 24 hours.