Can a 16 year old do ships excursions by themselves?

cjpj

I don't know where you are going but there are private excursions that he can probably book. I am thinking Alaska or somewhere where a lot of the excursions are close by.

Some 16 year olds are very mature for their age - I would have no hesitations doing this if the kid is mature.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kay S said:

I would not be comfortable letting my 16 year old grandchild go off on an excursion with people I did not know if I were not there to keep an eye on him.  The Princess policy is there to protect both children and grandparents.

With all the ways of connecting these days, messaging, WhatsApp, phone, etc., you are never out of touch.  I'd have no qualms letting him go in his own

• Like 2

Just now, cjpj said:

With all the ways of connecting these days, messaging, WhatsApp, phone, etc., you are never out of touch.  I'd have no qualms letting him go in his own

We are going to Europe. Excursions are expensive and he may be interested ones we have done or not be interested in one's we are doing. I would only feel comfortable with private excursions if the were very close and allowed plenty of time to make it back to the ship should their transportation or traffic cause an issue. A walking, segway or bike tour near the port for example.

As an aside that I'll ask here rather than starting its own thread... is there a minimum age for a minor to disembark WITHOUT their parents nearby and WITHOUT an excursion on Princess?  It's not something I've had apply on any of my cruises, so I haven't looked it up.

Thanks in advance.

52 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

As an aside that I'll ask here rather than starting its own thread... is there a minimum age for a minor to disembark WITHOUT their parents nearby and WITHOUT an excursion on Princess?  It's not something I've had apply on any of my cruises, so I haven't looked it up.

Thanks in advance.

Age 18, according to everything that I’ve read.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SCX22 said:

One has to learn street smarts.  Letting a teen explore is one way to do that.  Excursions are very controlled environments.  Family isn't always going to be around.  As long as you can keep time, you're good.  Some old people can't seem to manage that.

😄