First time on Oceania, basic, maybe even silly questions

JCMass.

Are the walls magnetic, I just find it easier to put up any notices we receive ?  I also do our own itinerary with planned specialty restaurants etc.  I like to put that up. 

We are still not clear on what the "all inclusive" actually includes.  We figure we will just wait till we are on board and be surprised, but if anyone has a clear description great.  We have not found any yet, and from what we understand after September 30th everything is changing.   

We keep reading about the very small bathrooms, we have been on Royal Caribbean the showers are so small you cannot raise your arms.  It cannot be worse than that, again we hope to be pleasantly surprised. 

My favorite comments are about how awful the food is, we have never felt that way on any cruise 30+.  I expect we will be very happy with the food. 

We leave next Wednesday for Bermuda and we can't wait !   Getting to know a different ship is always an adventure.  

3 minutes ago, JCMass. said:

Are the walls magnetic, I just find it easier to put up any notices we receive ?  I also do our own itinerary with planned specialty restaurants etc.  I like to put that up. 

We are still not clear on what the "all inclusive" actually includes.  We figure we will just wait till we are on board and be surprised, but if anyone has a clear description great.  We have not found any yet, and from what we understand after September 30th everything is changing.   

We keep reading about the very small bathrooms, we have been on Royal Caribbean the showers are so small you cannot raise your arms.  It cannot be worse than that, again we hope to be pleasantly surprised. 

My favorite comments are about how awful the food is, we have never felt that way on any cruise 30+.  I expect we will be very happy with the food. 

We leave next Wednesday for Bermuda and we can't wait !   Getting to know a different ship is always an adventure.  

What ship are you on?

I’m confident you will have a great time on your cruise.
I think it it would help others to respond to you in more detail if you could provide the name of the ship and your state room category. Also, there are several different packages under which you could have purchased your your cruise. So if you could provide some detail there, it would help.

did you purchase under OLife, Simply More, did you buy a beverage package?
One thing for sure, non-alcoholic beverages are included for everyone with the exception of virgin cocktails. For example, a virgin piña colada has a cost unless you have a certain beverage package. But all coffees, teas, smoothies, waters, sodas are included in your fare.

I’m sure you will get a lot of good response to your questions.

• Thanks 1

Wait a few minutes....lots of people will answer.

We have been on Nautica and Regatta ( sister ship).  We like the smaller ships.  We love the food. Yes there may be a meal that's a miss but overall we are very happy with the food. 

• Like 1

We did a Barcelona round trip cruise on Nautica last year. Nice ship. We'd read about the small showers in the lower priced cabins, so booked a penthouse (for a relatively small amount more) - no problem with that. 

The food is not awful, although claiming it as the "finest cuisine at sea" probably over eggs it. 

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Here’s a picture of the small bathroom. I’m standing in the shower stall.

IMG_0885.jpeg

This is the first picture I have seen of the bathroom.  It does seem small but at least there is a glass door on the shower rather than a curtain.  The big question can you lift your arms up enough to wash your hair ?   That is the real test.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I’m confident you will have a great time on your cruise.
I think it it would help others to respond to you in more detail if you could provide the name of the ship and your state room category. Also, there are several different packages under which you could have purchased your your cruise. So if you could provide some detail there, it would help.

did you purchase under OLife, Simply More, did you buy a beverage package?
One thing for sure, non-alcoholic beverages are included for everyone with the exception of virgin cocktails. For example, a virgin piña colada has a cost unless you have a certain beverage package. But all coffees, teas, smoothies, waters, sodas are included in your fare.

I’m sure you will get a lot of good response to your questions.

We are on the Nautica in a concierge veranda.  I thought we bought Simply More, but we booked this over a year ago and the words OLife ring a bell.  It just looked like anything we would be most interested in is included so we were not too concerned about exactly what.  

3 minutes ago, Cruising Maryland said:

I don't think the walls are magnetic, but they are metal. So you can get a magnetic hook on Amazon or elsewhere and stick it to the wall.

That is my understanding of what a magnetic wall is: it will hold a magnetic hook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCMass. said:

We are on the Nautica in a concierge veranda.  I thought we bought Simply More, but we booked this over a year ago and the words OLife ring a bell.  It just looked like anything we would be most interested in is included so we were not too concerned about exactly what.  

There is a place on your invoice (page 3?) that will identify which OL benefit you selected when you purchase the cruise. I’m not home right now, but in an hour or two I’ll try to post more info 

25 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

There is a place on your invoice (page 3?) that will identify which OL benefit you selected when you purchase the cruise. I’m not home right now, but in an hour or two I’ll try to post more info 

As you have noted….would be under the Amenities and Gifts section…..if an amenity was part of Olife….it would say for example, OLife Choice House Beverage Package…..if cruise was Simply More it would state Simply More House Beverage Package.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

As you have noted….would be under the Amenities and Gifts section…..if an amenity was part of Olife….it would say for example, OLife Choice House Beverage Package…..if cruise was Simply More it would state Simply More House Beverage Package.

Why dont you call the person you booked it with and have them explain everything to you...

Jancruz1

• Like 1

I agree with Jan, call your booking agent-you'll get all you need to know.  Remember the good and the bad you hear on these post--some people will never be pleased, others so-so, but you shouldn't care about most things because it someone else's opinion --not yours.  two people on the same cruise can have different experiences.

1 minute ago, ronrick1943 said:

I agree with Jan, call your booking agent-you'll get all you need to know.  Remember the good and the bad you hear on these post--some people will never be pleased, others so-so, but you shouldn't care about most things because it someone else's opinion --not yours.  two people on the same cruise can have different experiences.

Would be nice if she at least advised the right person to call to find the answer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

I have never had a problem washing my hair or turning around in the R class showers.

I am a larger women, and have not had any issues with washing my hair, or anything else.  Don't drop anything, though, haha! That is a challenge.   It is a different story with rough seas, though.  There is not enough room to sway with the seas.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yes, but you could have pointed that out without being so snarky.

NO, but theyshould have been able to get water down to the port area for all.  Also the Hotel manager should be aware of all ship guest problems and be able to talk to the department head and if nothing can be done escalate it to the Captain.