LIVE: Sailing Solo on Sapphire! Cheeky Little Coastal Sep 24-28

ceilidh1

2 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

At pub lunch. Kind of disappointed. No bar service (missing the beer), no malt vinegar, no UK flags on the tables, and everything just feels rushed and undercooked. 😞

IMG_4352.jpeg

That's a 4 day cruise for ya!

We had everything on Sapphire on her 32 night voyage. Flags, beer, malt vinegar, etc. 

41 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

That's a 4 day cruise for ya!

We had everything on Sapphire on her 32 night voyage. Flags, beer, malt vinegar, etc. 

we are on a 4 day on Grand. One day behind Ceilidh.  Plenty of flags and malt vinegar.  And they dug up some Boddingtons to boot!

• Like 2

I got there early, line was huge by the time they opened the door! I also sat at a shared table and had a waiter that I’ve had for lunch/breakfast. Maybe that made a difference? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

we are on a 4 day on Grand. One day behind Ceilidh.  Plenty of flags and malt vinegar.  And they dug up some Boddingtons to boot!

We board her Sunday. How is the ship? Entertainment, food, staff? Anything you think we should know! Thanks 

Does anyone know how the Princess Prizes work these days? Usually it’s on the portal at the room door, but no mention of it on any of them. I asked guest services and was assured it’s active but they didn’t seem to know anything either. Last time I was on a two day cruise, they said it wasn’t active on short sailings. Anyone know?

5 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@ceilidh1 whenever you have time, could you please post a clear shot of the dining room page of The Patter? Any of them …just trying to see if the list that I’ve compiled for the Sapphire for DR is correct & where reserve collection is.

The ones that I’ve seen they are blurry. First two pages of the morning events and the night events I can read perfect. If you are not able ,not a problem. 

IMG_6424.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It’s mighty pretty out there today!

IMG_6425.jpeg

IMG_6426.jpeg

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

When you boarded in Vancouver, we're you able to use your drink package before being in international waters? There are posts in CC that are saying no package use before that. Supposedly can get alcoholic drinks but will be charged even though you have a package, plus or premier. Any truth to this that you have heard about?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, echoshipmate said:

When you boarded in Vancouver, we're you able to use your drink package before being in international waters? There are posts in CC that are saying no package use before that. Supposedly can get alcoholic drinks but will be charged even though you have a package, plus or premier. Any truth to this that you have heard about?

Thanks

No problem using package, although Canadian laws only allow one bar per deck to be open. Unlike some other lines, Princess does not charge the tax on drinks while in port!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 1950aeiou said:

Respectfully, I am confused by your answer . You did not answer my questions. We all understand people have different styles. How do you have a Live review 8 days out and talk about another cruise line? 

How did you get a tour and lunch on Holland America's  Koningsdam? We would like to know so we can get a free tour and lunch also .

First, I can’t discuss/answer your question per CC rules. Second, if a live that starts 8 days out bothers you, don’t read it. 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, 1950aeiou said:

Respectfully, I am confused by your answer. You didn't answer my questions. We all understand people have different styles. How do you have a Live review 8 days out and talk about another cruise line? 

How did you get a tour and lunch on Holland America's Koningsdam? We would like to know so we can get a free tour and lunch also.

They did previously answer your question. Live starts when the author chooses. No one has an issue with this. They also chose not to entertain your second passive aggressive comment with an answer.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

No problem using package, although Canadian laws only allow one bar per deck to be open. Unlike some other lines, Princess does not charge the tax on drinks while in port!

Thanks, I had forgotten about the 1 bar 1 deck thing last time in Victoria! Other posters are reporting the no package rule until in international waters, if interested the posts are in the Galveston posts on CC Princess main page. Have fun!

• Like 1

Just now, echoshipmate said:

Thanks, I had forgotten about the 1 bar 1 deck thing last time in Victoria! Other posters are reporting the no package rule until in international waters, if interested the posts are in the Galveston posts on CC Princess main page. Have fun!

I’m Galveston, you can use the package but limited drinks are available (I just sailed in August)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

That farewell dinner came around mighty fast, didn’t it?  I’m still enjoying word you’re writing, and thanks again.  

Way too fast!

it’s ok, I’ll be back onboard Eurodam next weekend and Majestic the following week…

• Like 5

It’s no secret that I fell out of love with Princess for a little while. I didn’t like the direction they were going with all the revenue generation and the constant pushing of packages and add ins (I understand it, I just didn’t like it). I have to say, this short sailing has put Princess right back into my heart! Sometimes shorter sailings have poor service, no activities, and just feel disappointing. This one has been amazing! The staff are knocking it out of the park, the food and service has been great and, apart from some minor gripes (misinformation about Crab Shack being the main one) I have zero complaints!!! Well done Princess!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It’s no secret that I fell out of love with Princess for a little while. I didn’t like the direction they were going with all the revenue generation and the constant pushing of packages and add ins (I understand it, I just didn’t like it). I have to say, this short sailing has put Princess right back into my heart! Sometimes shorter sailings have poor service, no activities, and just feel disappointing. This one has been amazing! The staff are knocking it out of the park, the food and service has been great and, apart from some minor gripes (misinformation about Crab Shack being the main one) I have zero complaints!!! Well done Princess!

Sapphire won the Princess cup a couple times for being best in the fleet. I'm suspicious Discovery was able to win it, as they can't come close to Sapphire in the cruise experience, which the crew on Sapphire is the best, in our opinion. 

• Like 2