Have you stayed in a cat. VH deck 4 on a Pinnacle ship?

shiner6

I am looking for reviews from people who have stayed on Deck 4 Pinnacle ship (Nieuw Statendam) in rooms 4055 to 4075.  Has the noise from deck 2 Music venues bothered your rest late at night?  I am a light sleeper and read just one review that stated it was a problem every night. Now I am worrying about my upcoming 14 night cruise. I could just "bear with it' for a night or two, but 14 nights would put a real strain on me. My TA said she has not heard of this being a problem.  I would like to hear from others who have actually stayed in these cabins and get their input. Thanks to anyone who is willing to share their experience with me.

I have stayed in two different staterooms on Deck 4.  One was over the Grand Dutch Cafe and no problem.  The other time was 1/2 way between the 1st and 2nd set of stairs in 4069 and we could hear boom, boom, boom from the music walk which was two floors down.  Keep in mind, this can go very late at night.  I won't do that again. 

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 2

I will never again book on the 4th floor of a Pinnacle class ship.  You may go many nights noise free but there are those one or two nights when the party goes late and the sound is particularly loud.  The few dollars saved are not worth it 

• Like 2

I posted the review on 4045 and, on mature reflection, it is probably the worst of the deck 4 staterooms as it is directly over the position where the Rock Room Drummer sits.  The drummer has an accoustic panel in front of the kit to muffle the sound, which probably directs the sound upwards instead of outwards.  If you go to bed early and are a light sleeper then you may have a problem in this room, but it does end most nights around midnight.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for posting your experience. I emailed my TA again today to see what might be done. HAL wanted another $1040 to move to a regular balcony elsewhere on the ship. I thought this was excessive price because right now a new booking is less than what I would pay.  I am not looking for a freebie, just a fair and reasonable accommodation, since I booked this cruise over a year ago.

1 hour ago, shiner6 said:

Thank you everyone for posting your experience. I emailed my TA again today to see what might be done. HAL wanted another $1040 to move to a regular balcony elsewhere on the ship. I thought this was excessive price because right now a new booking is less than what I would pay.  I am not looking for a freebie, just a fair and reasonable accommodation, since I booked this cruise over a year ago.

Did you book a non-refundable fare?  If your deposit is refundable go ahead and rebook. If you are moving rooms there is no reason to stick with the deal you have.  If

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Did you book a non-refundable fare?  If your deposit is refundable go ahead and rebook. If you are moving rooms there is no reason to stick with the deal you have.  If

It is less than 90 days to sailing. My TA is working on it.

• Like 2

Well, I have good news! My TA is out of office, so I called HAL directly and explained my situation. Ava was so courteous and helpful! I was able to rebook to a more desirable room at just a few hundred$$$ more. So pleased with the customer service this time!  I was able to do this because I had originally booked this cruise direct.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Well, I have good news! My TA is out of office, so I called HAL directly and explained my situation. Ava was so courteous and helpful! I was able to rebook to a more desirable room at just a few hundred$$$ more. So pleased with the customer service this time!  I was able to do this because I had originally booked this cruise direct.

A key part of good customer service is the customer taking charge.  Congrats on your upgrade. 

• Like 1

We recently stayed 21 days in VH 4118 on Rotterdam (bump cabin) it was the BEST cabin ever; very quiet, just up from the Dutch cafe, and close to almost everywhere we wanted to go…. halfacts has photos of 4133 (starboard) identical cabin…. I would highly recommend those cabins… the noisy cabins are further forward… the area of 4118 is very, very quiet….

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

We recently stayed 21 days in VH 4118 on Rotterdam (bump cabin) it was the BEST cabin ever; very quiet, just up from the Dutch cafe, and close to almost everywhere we wanted to go…. halfacts has photos of 4133 (starboard) identical cabin…. I would highly recommend those cabins… the noisy cabins are further forward… the area of 4118 is very, very quiet….

Yes, I can see the deck plans and those rooms look good. I initially used deck plans to make a reservation for VH4061 because this is a transatlantic cruise and I don't plan on spending much time on the balcony, however, I wanted the doors available for light and weather check. I originally had thought it was a good location because the music venues are 2 decks underneath. Then I remembered the open atrium I had seen on sister ship Koningsdam. That's when I started to investigate noise issues and found just one review. My instincts were right! It pays to do "due diligence" in researching cabin location (if that is important to you---and it definitely is for me).  My husband would not have been bothered by the noise, but I definitely would have been miserable, and you know what they say!!! HAPPY WIFE= HAPPY LIFE! Thanks to AVA, HAL representative, she deserves a raise for really listening.

• Like 1