Missed phone call?

mariners

We missed a phone call from "Viking" which shows up as an 855-748-.... number, but it is not listed online as a Viking Ocean cruise line number.  I   checked our VO account and do not see an issue. 

Has anyone else had this experience?  Should I be following up by contacting Viking Ocean through phone numbers that are listed online?  I just want to ensure that there is not an issue with any of our current bookings with VO.   

It’s probably Spam. I don’t trust the caller ID I see anymore. Typically Viking will email if there are issues or changes to your booking. I’d call the number on your invoice if you feel that there could be a problem. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CDR2001 said:

It’s probably Spam. I don’t trust the caller ID I see anymore. Typically Viking will email if there are issues or changes to your booking. I’d call the number on your invoice if you feel that there could be a problem. 

Our Viking agent called a couple of weeks before our cruise to offer a pre-cruise promo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CDR2001 said:

My Viking agent ALWAYS calls - and only emails when attaching documents. Calls are anything from wishing a non voyage to offers that usually can be combined with promo codes.

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Our Viking agent called a couple of weeks before our cruise to offer a pre-cruise promo.

I’ve had this too. So I advise to take the chance and answer the phone.

• Like 1

Thank you CDR2001, OneSixtyToOne, and Squawkman for your answers to my question.  My concern was partially because of a previous post from an individual who was concerned about a data breach of MVJ. 

I have never received a phone call from someone from a cruise line before a cruise as all contact I have had with other lines has been through e-mail or, if I have booked through a travel agent, the agent.

I will "take the chance and answer the phone." 

We also had a call direct from viking about 6 months before departure wanting to discuss airflights before they booked them.  It was quite a useful call as we were able to discuss departure airports and direct rather than indirect flights.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mariners said:

We missed a phone call from "Viking" which shows up as an 855-748-.... number, but it is not listed online as a Viking Ocean cruise line number.  I   checked our VO account and do not see an issue. 

Has anyone else had this experience?  Should I be following up by contacting Viking Ocean through phone numbers that are listed online?  I just want to ensure that there is not an issue with any of our current bookings with VO.   

We missed a call one time from Viking.  It was about an upgrade from a PS to an ES.  By the time we got back to them, it had been offered to someone else.

• Like 1

I decided to give VO  a return phone call at the number that was left.  That call was answered by VO so I think that original phone call was legitimate.  The VO individual with whom I spoke said there was no record of any call on my file, and there were no issues regarding our booking, or our future bookings.

Thanks to all of you who have provided information regarding your experiences with VO and phone calls.  

• Like 1

Had a missed call from Viking today… we have a River trip next month.   Caller followed up with email saying that (may be specific to River, since there is no booking of future trips onboard) they are now offering the onboard booking perks to future trips, so you can “book from the comfort of home”.

i have not spoken to him, but that is what I gleaned from the follow up email.

seems like if you have an upcoming trip there may be a proactive call to book prior to trip to alleviate stress on onboard booking agent…. ?

was not anything I remember to happen in the past… 

new marketing option?

• Thanks 1

Bad guys can get the names of contacts from your email inbox. They then email or phone you using that contact name as the sender, so you’ll answer.

I’ve gotten spam emails from a friend who’s been dead for a number of years, but old emails are still in my inbox.

”Trust no one.”

• Like 1