ANY SILHOUETTE UPDATES?

hcat

Just made final payment on our 4 night  Concierge level  Silhouette cruise in Dec (pre holidays) 

Calling the X rep worked well..He was based in the Phllipines..no issues.

We have dining and excursions set but would like to hear any updates or thoughts in general..Have not been on this ship in many years!

We just finished a 12n sailing late August/early September and really enjoyed ourselves.  A number of folks on these boards were on the sailing too, as well as a few on b2b's that can likely share thoughts.  

I'm trying to get motivated to post a trip report too.😀

Hcat   We just returned from a B2B last week.  Our 4/5th cruise on Silhouette, but 1st time since revolutionized/remodel.  The room AQ, so regular size veranda cabin,  was in perfect condition.  Hard surfaces are the same as before; closet, counters, drawers, bathroom including sink, tile, showers.  The curtains, carpet, bench were redone in tan, blues and grays using leatherette/vinyls.   Without the fabric the surfaces are more modern, and probably easier to keep clean.  The furniture around the ship looked about the same, but it wasn’t worn or in bad shape, so perhaps recovered.  Sky Lounge looked spruced up, but I think some of the furniture was from the Hoppen remodel.  i.e. the big rocking chairs, which I think were removed from the sky suites, and are better suited outside on deck 15 and Sky lounge.  

The staff was as good or better than any of our 10 other Celebrity cruises.  We had an excellent room steward and waiter team in Blu.  ‘No’ wasn’t in their vocabulary.  The staff in Bacio, Specialty restaurants, bars all seemed to be excellent hires, or well trained to handle your request.  Everyone was smiling and always a greeting hello.

Do you have specific areas that you are interested in, or questions?  As Milhouse mentioned, there were a numbers of regular CC contributors that were on these cruises, so hopefully they will share their thoughts.

We have done 2 Viking Ocean cruises, as well as Millennium and the Edge in Suites within the last 2 years, and wondered if this trip would be a step back.  While on the cruises, we realized we enjoyed the ship and service so much, we booked Silhouette for next fall again in Aqua.  

2 hours ago, whitbob said:

Hcat   We just returned from a B2B last week.  Our 4/5th cruise on Silhouette, but 1st time since revolutionized/remodel.  The room AQ, so regular size veranda cabin,  was in perfect condition.  Hard surfaces are the same as before; closet, counters, drawers, bathroom including sink, tile, showers.  The curtains, carpet, bench were redone in tan, blues and grays using leatherette/vinyls.   Without the fabric the surfaces are more modern, and probably easier to keep clean.  The furniture around the ship looked about the same, but it wasn’t worn or in bad shape, so perhaps recovered.  Sky Lounge looked spruced up, but I think some of the furniture was from the Hoppen remodel.  i.e. the big rocking chairs, which I think were removed from the sky suites, and are better suited outside on deck 15 and Sky lounge.  

The staff was as good or better than any of our 10 other Celebrity cruises.  We had an excellent room steward and waiter team in Blu.  ‘No’ wasn’t in their vocabulary.  The staff in Bacio, Specialty restaurants, bars all seemed to be excellent hires, or well trained to handle your request.  Everyone was smiling and always a greeting hello.

Do you have specific areas that you are interested in, or questions?  As Milhouse mentioned, there were a numbers of regular CC contributors that were on these cruises, so hopefully they will share their thoughts.

We have done 2 Viking Ocean cruises, as well as Millennium and the Edge in Suites within the last 2 years, and wondered if this trip would be a step back.  While on the cruises, we realized we enjoyed the ship and service so much, we booked Silhouette for next fall again in Aqua.  

Happy to hear  positives!  We always loved this ship and Equinox.. Then along came E Class! But a re-visit sounds like fun!

Edited by hcat

We are also on the TA.  I think someone posted there on what is planned.  It starts Oct 31 so it’s just over two weeks in duration.  We were on Silhouette in March and she looked good to me then!  

3 hours ago, hcat said:

How long is the drydock?

Any big changes or just general maintenance,

There are no big changes to make, she is the only S class ship with a completed revolution. 

We were on her post upgrade. As others have said rooms have had a general reverb and were very fresh. We liked the way the Sunset Bar had extended into the side grass areas offering extra seating. We loved having the additional restaurants (Lawn Grill, Porch). 

The only criticism I would make is that many of the seats were very low…Looked lovely but not that comfortable.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

• Thanks 1