Dessert Souffle

OceanCruise

17 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

Do they serve fresh-baked souffles for dessert in the main dining room or other restaurants on board? If so, what flavors are offered?

Yes, there is an option for one on the menu each night in the Grand Dining Room.  I can't tell you the flavors, the menu always said, "Ask your waiter for today's.."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jo-b said:

On Marina currently, flavours have included white chocolate & raspberry/chocolate/hazlenut/mango &passion fruit 

Since you are on Marina right now, can you tell me the brand of champagne part of the house select beverage package served during lunch and dinner? Thanks.

51 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

Since you are on Marina right now, can you tell me the brand of champagne part of the house select beverage package served during lunch and dinner? Thanks.

Just asked bartender and he said it’s Montaldon ( or that’s what it sounded like) if I see a bottle I will snap it 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jo-b said:

Just asked bartender and he said it’s Montaldon ( or that’s what it sounded like) if I see a bottle I will snap it 

@SSCAF001  He probably meant "Montaudon" as that's what's was served (Montaudon Brut) on the Sirena in August.

2 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

@SSCAF001  He probably meant "Montaudon" as that's what's was served (Montaudon Brut) on the Sirena in August.

I would have preferred Heidsiek Monopole Blue Top (served on some Oceania ships). But Montaudon is better than Germain anyway! Thanks. 

17 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Just for giggles I looked it up on Total Wines site.  It's roughly a $45 retail bottle and gets a rating of 90 and 4.5 stars.  Better than I expected to be honest. 

• Like 2

I’m not much for sweets, but the soufflés are the best—not big, very tasty, served hot and with a little sauce to pour into it.  Vanilla, chocolate, orange, apple, hazelnut…it all depends!  Worth saving tummy space for!

• Like 2

On 9/21/2024 at 5:04 AM, Yesimapirate said:

Just for giggles I looked it up on Total Wines site.  It's roughly a $45 retail bottle and gets a rating of 90 and 4.5 stars.  Better than I expected to be honest. 

Sorry, off topic, but mentioned here.

On Regatta now.  Enjoying Montaudon French Champagne.  I think it's very fine; and available with SM.

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 2

Sometimes we ate in Terrace Cafe and went th GDR afterwards just for the soufflé dessert. Was a bit surprising for the waiter as I recall, as we just ordered the soufflé. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Huib said:

Sometimes we ate in Terrace Cafe and went th GDR afterwards just for the soufflé dessert. Was a bit surprising for the waiter as I recall, as we just ordered the soufflé. 

We have done the same.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2024 at 1:20 PM, ORV said:

Don't forget Grand Mariner and Vanilla souffles. We love that they have a daily souffle. 

Absolutely.

Here is a photo of the Grand Marnier souffle my wife had 3 days ago on Regatta in the dining room. Delicious!

PXL_20240921_023631044.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1