LIVE Caribbean Princess 9/24/24 - 10/8/24

KarmaCruisers

So; got all packed, and weighed it..43lbs in my “unofficial” scale.

Checked-In for the flight, made sure my Uncle/Aunt (Chuck & Jolene from here forward) checked in too.

They’ll be here at 11:30 in the morning to pick me up, to head to SFO.

I cleaned up around the house today; because a Rover “cat sitter” is going to come on Thursdays and make sure Bailey has full food and water, and also change his litter box.

The (wife) also told me she’s coming on the 29th, to stay a few days here (I’m guessing to pack up more of her stuff; and also take the Jeep in to the dealership to get the spark plugs changed); So I asked her to also give Bailey some TLC.

I think I’m going to pack a pair of shorts for London, as it looks like it may be a bit warm.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CannonG said:

Safe travels. We are on the same cruise in a lower suite, although I think we put in a bid for the your penthouse suite in the bid program. Lol. Let’s hope for smooth seas and a fun trip. I think we may also be sharing an excursion or two. See you on the ship. 

@CannonG if you see me, say “Hey Tom Weaver!!”

We just made it to Burlingame Airport parking..now we’re just waiting on the airport shuttle.

Of course, as with ALL flights, our plane is delayed 90 minutes…Originally scheduled for a 1530 departure from SFO, now we’re looking at 1700.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

We just made it to Burlingame Airport parking..now we’re just waiting on the airport shuttle.

Of course, as with ALL flights, our plane is delayed 90 minutes…Originally scheduled for a 1530 departure from SFO, now we’re looking at 1700.

I can’t wait to see the inside of the plane and your seats!

On 9/21/2024 at 1:10 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

My travels on the Caribbean this past summer was one of my very best cruises.  Service was above and beyond even the best of the best.  

You will love the Caribbean.  Have a great cruise.

Guess you need my name:  Renee

We were on this cruise too with Renee and fully agree. The staff, food and service were first class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just boarded.

i actually got called up to the desk (because Krista didn’t check-in); so I asked if my father-in-law (little white lie) could take my no-longer-with us wife seat..and the person was like “ohh yea, let’s see”..one I showed her my boarding pass that said business class; the look on her face IMMEDIATELY changed and she’s like “ohhhhh no; the system will assign someone to that seat”..

it was just hilarious the change of look on her face, haha.

so in the end I actually got bumped ANYWAY; up five rows and they have a couple our former seats. (So now I’m seven rows away from Chuck & Jolene)IMG_8041.thumb.jpeg.34010a1eed6977827672759622c765da.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Man; the experience on Virgin beats this all to hell.

I mean this IS an old plane; but I thought this big bird would have bigger seats..nope; the Dreamliner premium seats are niiiice.

Kind of looks like US domestic first class seats?  If it's this plane the good thing is that your seat still lays flat. https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-38a

Guessing that you are in "Club World" seats and the comparable seats to what you experienced on Virgin would be in First.  Have a safe flight now that you're finally underway!

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Looks like US domestic first class seats?  If it's this plane the good thing is that your seat still lays flat. https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-38a

Guessing that you are in "Club World" seats and the comparable seats to what you experienced on Virgin would be in First.  Have a safe flight now that you're finally underway!

I flew Virgin in Business class.  1-2-1 seats on both of their equipment.  Lay flat seats in both.  These look more like Premium Economy/or comparable, but not the long distance Business Class seats.  Is your flight direct SFO to LHR?

Last September, we flew from LAX to LHR on United Airlines with 3 people in Premium Economy and one person in Business Class.

On the return trip, we flew Virgin Atlantic in the same two classes.

United was a far more upscale experience than Virgin. I was surprised, because I expected Virgin to be spectacular. It wasn't.

14 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I think @KarmaCruisers is upper deck -world traveler plus seat?

nonstop sfo to LHR.

Nope, definitely Club World - he said he was in business and that would be the equivalent on a three class airplain.  Two seats on the side.  Check this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the description of the seats.  He's on a 380-800  https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-38a  Guessing he is upper deck as it seems like 3 seats in the middle and that his relatives are in World Traveler Plus.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I just thought British Airways -club world a.k.a. business class is more like pod seats, but either way …I’m sure he and his family will have a great flight and cruise.

Yes he will!  And I do know some of the BA aircraft have the old seats that lay flat.  He did say that he had business seating so that's why I made that assumption.

ETA:  I think BA is converting their business to pods, they just don't have it on all aircraft yet.

Edited by azbirdmom

11 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I think @KarmaCruisers is upper deck -world traveler plus seat?

nonstop sfo to LHR.

You got it; World Traveler Plus.

Landed at 12:15 local time.

collected our luggage and are waiting on the “Hotel Hoppa” to go check in and drop our bags.

a bit overcast and chilly here in Cherry Old London.

food from the planeIMG_8042.thumb.jpeg.8dfc3c837f9e44c0e2e41eca3fb02840.jpegIMG_8043.thumb.jpeg.3deba11e050d326325cb3603b882ea08.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Whew! What a long day!

So we had to wait for the “HotelHoppa” which was £6.50 each! And we had to wait damn near an hour for it..

Finally got it and go to our hotel about 13:45. 
Got checked in; dropped our bags in the room and washed our faces/brushed our teeth and headed back out (to central London)

THIS time we were smarter and caught the U3 (city bus) for £1.80, to Heathrow, where we then caught the Picadilly line, into Central London (for £4£)

We switched at Barrons Court, to the District Line, as we wanted to go see the Tower Of London/Bridge.

IMG_8054.thumb.jpeg.d6b757af85adcc4ee9004e6e312af5bb.jpegIMG_8058.thumb.jpeg.1e7f98427b7c0b8fdbba49e698369bff.jpegIMG_8055.thumb.jpeg.bff3bcb49aae1e66a413b00a8ea85345.jpegIMG_8060.thumb.jpeg.1b18cc8b320489bbf2a643f2db7b0519.jpeg

• Like 7

So after the Tower Bridge, we wanted to go up to the Sky Garden; so we walked over there, only to be told it’s CLOSED TODAY!

So we trudged forward on to Spitalfields Market area; and went to Poppie’s to get some Fish & Chips.

It was a one-time thing too; they weren’t that great.

Done eating; it was now just about 6pm and sightseeing was pretty much over (and it’s a 90 minute commute back to Heathrow; where our Hotel is).

So we got in the throngs of people commuting home from work and rode the Elizabeth Tube-Line back out to Heathrow, and again caught the U3 bus, back to Staybridge Suites (Bath Road) 

Were done for the night. We got a 7:45am wake up call to get the free breakfast here. Then we load up our luggage and get on the U3 to Heathrow and then the Picadilly Line to the District Line, to Victoria Station; to go up and over to the Coach station.

• Like 3

Enjoy your cruise!  I learned to love cruising on the Grand Class.  First 4 sailings were on Grand Class, 2 of those on the CB specifically (2018 & 2019).  Lots of fond memories!

Having said that we've since broadened out horizons within the princess fleet and definitely prefer the Royal class at this point.  We even revisited the CB last year when scheduling logistics dictated it to be the best choice.  It was like a throw-back cruise.  A great time was had but it did confirm we prefer the Royal class at this point.  You'll have a great time but I'll be surprised if you come back and say the CB is your new favorite.

• Like 1