Classification Of Obstructed Balconies

lx200gps

When researching Princess itineraries on their web site, I notice that one finds Obstructed Balconies by first looking under "Inside" rather than "Balcony".  Question: Princess and some TAs offer OBC according to cabin class, and usually in those cases, Insides and Oceanviews get less OBC than Balconies, Minis, etc. In cases like that, would an Obstructed Balcony then be classed as Inside (since that's where they are found on the website) and therefore get less OBC, or would they obtain the same OBC as a "proper" balcony cabin? Keep in mind that Obstructed Balconies often sell for much less than regular Balcony cabins. Thanks....

37 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

When researching Princess itineraries on their web site, I notice that one finds Obstructed Balconies by first looking under "Inside" rather than "Balcony".  Question: Princess and some TAs offer OBC according to cabin class, and usually in those cases, Insides and Oceanviews get less OBC than Balconies, Minis, etc. In cases like that, would an Obstructed Balcony then be classed as Inside (since that's where they are found on the website) and therefore get less OBC, or would they obtain the same OBC as a "proper" balcony cabin? Keep in mind that Obstructed Balconies often sell for much less than regular Balcony cabins. Thanks....

Balcony

Excellent, thanks all. I was sure they would be classed as balconies given that's exactly what they are, I was just a bit concerned due to the fact that Princess makes you book them, in inexplicably, under Inside. And I can't find any at this moment that offer OBC or that would have been an obvious way to answer my own question ;o) We're planning to load up on a few to take advantage of that one TA's 3 Day Sale next summer, so we'll book them now and refare with BALCONY class OBC during their Sale ;o)  Thanks again....

I booked a Deluxe balcony during that sale and now the price of my cruise has gone down. TA says I would lose deposit and OBC if I refare, which is not worth it. I don't think I will book with them again. I think they should be able to do a price adjustment without cancelling and rebooking. Feeling very annoyed with them at the moment.

On 9/21/2024 at 4:51 PM, lx200gps said:

Excellent, thanks all. I was sure they would be classed as balconies given that's exactly what they are, I was just a bit concerned due to the fact that Princess makes you book them, in inexplicably, under Inside. And I can't find any at this moment that offer OBC or that would have been an obvious way to answer my own question ;o) We're planning to load up on a few to take advantage of that one TA's 3 Day Sale next summer, so we'll book them now and refare with BALCONY class OBC during their Sale ;o)  Thanks again....

I booked 2 cruises on that 3day sale and each gave us $900 US OBC- but, I did get an excellent fare that I can’t see them dropping much more.  Pick carefully, as it clearly says non refundable deposit-$99 pp.

2 hours ago, PG_traveller said:

I booked a Deluxe balcony during that sale and now the price of my cruise has gone down. TA says I would lose deposit and OBC if I refare, which is not worth it. I don't think I will book with them again. I think they should be able to do a price adjustment without cancelling and rebooking. Feeling very annoyed with them at the moment.

As said you booked a non refundable deposit.  A TA can refare, but if your deposit was not refundable it is not refundable.  Any OBC same deal - you get the OBC on the new deal.  

We always book in a group fare with refundable deposit and usually only a little OBC.  My TA usually adds a bit of OBC.

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

As said you booked a non refundable deposit.  A TA can refare, but if your deposit was not refundable it is not refundable.  Any OBC same deal - you get the OBC on the new deal.  

We always book in a group fare with refundable deposit and usually only a little OBC.  My TA usually adds a bit of OBC.

That TA with the 3 Day Sale offers very decent OBC and historically, has always offered refundable deposits as part of that Sale. This past June, sadly, their deposits went to non-refundable.  We still stocked up on new trips due to the deal, but we are definitely aware of the deposit situation, factoring in the possible loss of the $C268 deposits for the two of us if we had to cancel or re-fare.

I understood when I booked that the deposit was non-refundable and I figured it was worth risking $135 Canadian. It's also very annoying that they won't move the OBC to the lower priced booking. I didn't really think the cruise price would go down due to Princess' best price guarantee for early booking. Not a big deal, but I'll probably just book directly with the cruise line from now on. This is actually the first time I have used a TA.