Noisy cabins on Millennium

Marronnier

I'm considering booking a 13 night cruise on the Millennium from Singapore to Japan. The itinerary looks ideal for us and our usual travel agent (in the UK) is offering some attractive prces on packages including flights. However, the  packages are on a guaranteed basis ie we can't choose our cabin's location. I am a little concerned that we may be allocated a noisy or otherwise 'problematic' cabin. So I have two questions :-

1) Are you aware of any noisy or 'bad' cabins on the Millennium

2) Are there any ways of avoiding them when booking a 'guaranteed' cabin (eg by choosing a particular grade of cabin - concierge, aqua class etc)

Thanks for any information you can offer.

We’ve not sailed on Millennium but I’d consider every ship has its noisy/ bad cabins. I’d class that as under lido deck, Buffett, or the late night bar venue.

I don’t think picking a higher grade of cabin will make any difference, unless you scrutinise the decks plans and decided there are no bad locations of a particular class.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marronnier said:

I'm considering booking a 13 night cruise on the Millennium from Singapore to Japan. The itinerary looks ideal for us and our usual travel agent (in the UK) is offering some attractive prces on packages including flights. However, the  packages are on a guaranteed basis ie we can't choose our cabin's location. I am a little concerned that we may be allocated a noisy or otherwise 'problematic' cabin. So I have two questions :-

1) Are you aware of any noisy or 'bad' cabins on the Millennium

2) Are there any ways of avoiding them when booking a 'guaranteed' cabin (eg by choosing a particular grade of cabin - concierge, aqua class etc)

Thanks for any information you can offer.

The worst cabins on M class ships are in Aqua class. Even the Aft 1140 and 1141 cabins that were the prize cabins that booked as soon as the itinerary opened are noisy because of the movie theater just above. The other Aqua cabins are under an over hang that block the view and under public space. All other cabins are fine as far as noise is concerned as long and you are sandwiched between two floors of staterooms. Concierge Class is going to pretty much guarantee that you have a room in a good location. That's really what you are paying for in that class. The extras like the embarkation day lunch in the MDR, bottle of wine and the pillow menu don't bring much value to the table for me but if there is a small difference in price I will book Concierge over a regular balcony. This is the only type room that I would gamble booking as a guarantee.

Edited by Iamcruzin

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The worst cabins on M class ships are in Aqua class. Even the Aft 1140 and 1141 cabins that were the prize cabins that booked as soon as the itinerary opened are noisy because of the movie theater just above. The other Aqua cabins are under an over hang that block the view and under public space. All other cabins are fine as far as noise is concerned as long and you are sandwiched between two floors of staterooms. Concierge Class is going to pretty much guarantee that you have a room in a good location. That's really what you are paying for in that class. The extras like the embarkation day lunch in the MDR, bottle of wine and the pillow menu don't bring much value to the table for me but if there is a small difference in price I will book Concierge over a regular balcony. This is the only type room that I would gamble booking as a guarantee.

Thank you iamcruzin, that's really useful information. I think I will choose a Concierge class cabin.

Thanks again.

There are excellent Aqua cabins located forward and underneath the spa salon services. No noise and excellent. We are on deck 11 next time in Aqua and the movie noise, if any, won't bother us at all. We are somewhat more forward in that group of cabins. We love Aqua. Will always book that class. Blu is excellent. 

2 minutes ago, Pushka said:

There are excellent Aqua cabins located forward and underneath the spa salon services. No noise and excellent. We are on deck 11 next time in Aqua and the movie noise, if any, won't bother us at all. We are somewhat more forward in that group of cabins. We love Aqua. Will always book that class. Blu is excellent. 

OP wants to book guarantee. Aqua is the worst category to book not knowing what you will get.

Don’t get one next to me.   I am hard of hearing and have the TV turned up full volume.    My wife also likes to have the TV on all night.      

I also play drums in a heavy metal band and am always pounding on anything and everything trying to find a new sound. 

My wife is also a screamer.   She was a groupie and we fell in love because of our wild times together after our shows.  

Not true but it can happen to have a very noisy neighbor.  We had a few.  One was when smoking was allowed on the balcony.   The male would sit on the balcony smoking and have their door open.  He was facing away from the door and talking very loud to his wife that was in the cabin. 

Another time some kid was  on their balcony practicing their trumpet every day and night.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2024 at 8:09 AM, Marronnier said:

Thank you iamcruzin, that's really useful information. I think I will choose a Concierge class cabin.

Thanks again.

I neglected to mention that Concierge Class has larger balconies than the standard balcony on M class ships. 

• Like 1