Do I have to give my credit card details.

Evange

I use a combination of folded, rolled and bundle packing. Trousers are bundle packed in the lid section of two of our suitcases, with my evening kaftans in the middle of the bundles. Evening tops and shirts are folded. Tshirts, underwear, swimwear etc are rolled. 

16 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Packing cubes are great for disorganised packers. They also add weight.

Wife has ones similar to these (except hers are pink!) they are nylon like material I think and they weigh next to nothing. She can separate her tops / dresses / pants / underwear and has 1 for laundry too - she swears by them

image.png.ac1a46213cd17bc903774d2116465001.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

Wife has ones similar to these (except hers are pink!) they are nylon like material I think and they weigh next to nothing. She can separate her tops / dresses / pants / underwear and has 1 for laundry too - she swears by them

image.png.ac1a46213cd17bc903774d2116465001.png

Next to nothing true, but I have seen people throwing them away in airports to avoid excess baggage. When packing close to the limit, 0.25kg matters. I just use imaginary cubes when I pack, and can easily retrieve anything I need along the way.

• Like 2

Well it’s panic mode now. Suitcase still not packed and have to be done by tonight. I will never do it this way again….she says again. Sick of last minute panic. Have got cubes for undies and socks the rest are in stacks. Taking a break for lunch and then on to the suitcase. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Evange said:

Well it’s panic mode now. Suitcase still not packed and have to be done by tonight. I will never do it this way again….she says again. Sick of last minute panic. Have got cubes for undies and socks the rest are in stacks. Taking a break for lunch and then on to the suitcase. 

reminds me about 30 odd years ago my ex GF and I were taking her parents to the Airport, as they were going to Hawaii for a holiday

we arrived at their house to take them to the airport and ex GF asked her father where his suitcase was.... he said "I'll get it"

then proceeded to go down to the garage and get his 'empty' suitcase... he'd not even got his suitcase out - let alone started packing.... we were on a tight time frame and he had about 5 minutes to pack for a 2 week holiday..... they made the flight ok

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Evange said:

Well I am usually up until 3am the morning of departure  🤣

I definitely pack a lot less than what we did our first few cruises.

I lay everything out for each person... then I cull.

I use zip lock bags for things like medication and an old school toiletries bag for the basics.

As for "disorganised people" @arxcards - I am very disorganised and I find those cubes a pain and do not use them either!! I reckon they're  for the very organised type of people. 😜

18 minutes ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

Well I am usually up until 3am the morning of departure  🤣

I definitely pack a lot less than what we did our first few cruises.

I lay everything out for each person... then I cull.

I use zip lock bags for things like medication and an old school toiletries bag for the basics.

As for "disorganised people" @arxcards - I am very disorganised and I find those cubes a pain and do not use them either!! I reckon they're  for the very organised type of people. 😜

we will probably start packing a week before we leave for our cruise and on the morning we leave just put our toiletries / chargers / iPads in the suit cases.

whenever we go away I always write a list of the important stuff we need to take like medications / passports / hotel or cruise info....etc... and go through the list and tick each one off when it's done

I don't think I'll be up until 3am though, because we're going to need to get up about 4:30am to get to the airport to catch our flight to Sydney! 😄

• Like 2

I also use a list, compiled and added to from various holidays over the years. The beauty of the list is that I don't wake up at 2am thinking that I must remember to pack such and such and then not go back to sleep, worrying that by morning I'll have forgotten the vital item 😂

I have my own version of packing cubes - I segregate my clothes by type and they go into the old plastic bags that you used to get from supermarkets - I still have a stash of them 😊

• Like 1

World cruise packing, both pre-embarkation and pre-disembarkation, were the biggest challenges I've ever had. It wasn't the clothes that were the issue, it was all the other things - medical kit, bits and pieces kit (magnetic hooks and other useful things, extras of consumables - enough for the whole cruise as there was no guarantee we'd get regular chances to shop and even if we did they might not have the products we wanted. Luckily using up the consumables made space for souvenirs etc, although it was touch-and-go on the last day. I still don't know how I managed to squeeze everything in but I did!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Next to nothing true, but I have seen people throwing them away in airports to avoid excess baggage. When packing close to the limit, 0.25kg matters. I just use imaginary cubes when I pack, and can easily retrieve anything I need along the way.

Me too. That's what I like about the 'roll' method, I can see at a glance exactly where everything is. Tops together, pants together, dresses........... you get the drift.

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

we will probably start packing a week before we leave for our cruise and on the morning we leave just put our toiletries / chargers / iPads in the suit cases.

whenever we go away I always write a list of the important stuff we need to take like medications / passports / hotel or cruise info....etc... and go through the list and tick each one off when it's done

I don't think I'll be up until 3am though, because we're going to need to get up about 4:30am to get to the airport to catch our flight to Sydney! 😄

I don't start packing until about the day before. However, I have a comprehensive list, check it thrice and then tick off as that item goes in the bag.

• Like 2

Pack the night before. No list, just work my way around the wardrobe. 

Ahead of time, I just make sure the clothes I want aren't in the wash cycle, the electronic stuff is charged, and docs are packed.

• Like 1