Health

joron44

22 minutes ago, joron44 said:

YIKES

Just stepped off the QM2 yesterday (Sunday) from a wonderful TA. Monday mornings e-mails included a letter from Cunard headquarters informing me that three people are being treated for Legionnaires disease.  Whats up with that?

Please keep us informed...... thank you.....

Any hint sickness when you were on board.

Thank you.....

Legionnaires disease Can be contracted from air ducts and pools/spas. Hopefully Cunard has identified the cause and has remediated the situation.  I’m scheduled to board on Saturday 😳

On 9/23/2024 at 10:54 AM, joron44 said:

Just stepped off the QM2 yesterday (Sunday) from a wonderful TA. Monday mornings e-mails included a letter from Cunard headquarters informing me that three people are being treated for Legionnaires disease.

We also left QM2 on Sunday after 30 days onboard. @joron44 Could you post a copy of the letter? We have been diligently checking email and have not received anything from Cunard. Our thoughts are with those who are sick. I was sick Saturday night and Sunday with what I believe was food poisoning. We ate at Bamboo alternative dining on Saturday night. 

Info on Legionnaire's Disease: https://www.cdc.gov/legionella/about/index.html

• Thanks 1

I did get sick but after a trip to urgent care Monday, Covid test was negative so was treated with Medrol and Zithromax and I'm much better now. I did Verandah Friday night and started feeling punk on Saturday but can't say that had anything to do with it. My wife was OK. Interesting that I rarely ever get sick with anything?  I don't imagine that many people monitor CC after their cruise like they do before so we'll probably never know the extent of this.

Here is the letter...Cunard Letter 23-Sept-2024.pdf

Thank you for sharing the letter. We still haven't received anything from Cunard about Legionnaires Disease.

I've been doing some research: https://www.cdc.gov/control-legionella/php/wmp/common-wmp-questions.html#:~:text=Water main breaks,that use up available disinfectant. There was a water main break on Wednesday, September 18 around 3:30pm. Water was shut off for about 3 hours.