More Good News: Heike Berdos coming to Silversea

Host Jazzbeau

Heike Berdos, who is still fondly remembered as a terrific Hotel Director at Azamara and was more recently at Explora Journeys, has announced that she is joining Silversea as a Hotel Director.

1 hour ago, tgg said:
Heike's post on Facebook.

Excited to announce a new chapter:
Two amazing years with Explora Journeys and having been part of the launch of this unique brand, it will certainly always remain very special to me. I have had the privilege to work with some amazing and professional Individuals as we shared great milestones and achievements together.
I am now celebrating my return to the Royal Caribbean Group and thrilled to be joining Silversea Cruises as Hotel Director. With a stunning fleet of 12 luxury cruise and expedition ships and journeys to all seven continents.
Our industry is huge but yet so small, I hope to see You on a journey or in one of the ports around the world 🌎

There has been speculation on the Explora forum that she felt powerless at Explora, which is tightly controlled from HQ and run by people who know nothing and care nothing about cruise ships.  So I hope that this means that Silversea has recognized that its recent changes in that direction are not working, and that Heike will be given authority to elevate hotel standards and fix problems without needing prior approval from HQ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great news for Silversea, a loss indeed for Explora .

Heike is a consummate professional who will elevate the customer experience in a dedicated manner wherever she chooses to work. Well done Silversea for this incredible appointment 

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Loss of hope, that things could change there...

You will sooner see me on Carnival before fundamental changes happen at Explora.  I think they are secretly happy that she's leaving - was probably a huge burr under the saddle.

• Like 1

Well this is good news indeed!  We have spent lovely time with Heike on Azamara, sharing stories of our mutual travels.  And she always did an excellent job as Hotel Manager.  Lots of energy, friendliness and professionalism.  And since we are becoming more fond of Silversea, we hope to see her on board!

If Silversea lets Heike do her job, good things will happen. She had been very quiet lately leading up to her recent announcement and I'm excited to see where this heads. Heike is a consummate professional and she will never say bad things about Explora, but I think we all know that partnership was not a good fit. I was sort of hoping that she might go back to Azamara someday, but we've also been looking to try Silversea and I hope we do get to see her onboard again sometime soon.