Pinnacle Class Connecting Stateroom noise issues?

JAYVIATION

Greetings, took the jump and was able to snag a great balcony (VF4036) on Rotterdam for a solo Panama Canal bucket list cruise. I didn't realize till after I booked and looked at the deckplan and saw it was a connector. I did do some research on noise in proximity to the world stage and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

That said, after a horrific experience on a different line and their paperthin connecting rooms....lets just say what is heard cannot be unheard. I was wondering if the Pinnacle class fared any better regarding soundproofing (or lack thereof) between the balcony staterooms. 12 days is a while to lose sleep in that situation so I appreciate any insight through experience.

Thanks very much in advance for any clarification and input.

49 minutes ago, JAYVIATION said:

Greetings, took the jump and was able to snag a great balcony (VF4036) on Rotterdam for a solo Panama Canal bucket list cruise. I didn't realize till after I booked and looked at the deckplan and saw it was a connector. I did do some research on noise in proximity to the world stage and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

That said, after a horrific experience on a different line and their paperthin connecting rooms....lets just say what is heard cannot be unheard. I was wondering if the Pinnacle class fared any better regarding soundproofing (or lack thereof) between the balcony staterooms. 12 days is a while to lose sleep in that situation so I appreciate any insight through experience.

We had a connecting room last year on Nieuw Statendam and did not have any problems.  I always take a few magnetic hooks and hang coats or bathrobes as an extra baffle, just incase!

DSCN3365.thumb.JPG.1a33798715b6f424dedb01f6ea8d9165.JPG 

• Like 2

As I have posted on a previous thread, I accidentally booked a connector room. on Rotterdam.  There was no noise from the young couple in the connecting room other than a few evening occasions when they must have been experiencing religious events that included muffled voices calling out to God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

I was just on the Nieuw Statendam and had a connecting room on deck 7. I could hear my neighbors but it wasn't too bad. I could hear coughing and laughing. Sometimes I could hear them talking loud but it almost sounded like they were on the phone or maybe facetiming with someone. I just turned my TV up which might have annoyed them😁

Have taken three trips on Pinnacle class, one Koningsdam and two Rotterdam, all in a Vista suite which is a glorified balcony room. Never had a connecting door but always heard talking and TV through the walls, sometimes all night. That and the chaos in the MDR has led us to swear off any more trips on that class. Liked the interior design and the extra outlets like Dutch Cafe, Tamarind and BB King but not enough to overcome my dislikes.

Sorry about your experience Fred. its a total bummer when you are taking a cruise to relax and you can't even find peace in your room. Akin to Crew News's story... my neighbors were constantly trashed and they got into fights EVERY night ...after 4 nights of this... I am woken around 2am by the loudest feminine southern drawl shouting " You dunt say U luv me no mo" so I went over to the connecting door, had a sip of water to clear the pipes and roared: " I LOVE YOU !! NOW SHUT THE FUDGE UP AND GO TO SLEEP!!) ... only I didnt say fudge. Interestingly enough, the last couple of days were more subdued  😛 

Edited by JAYVIATION
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Interesting. One of our trips included four grown English women who were happy to tell anyone they met that they were on "oliday" which seemed to translate into getting hammered early in the afternoon and remaining that way until late at night when they would return to their room next door and carry on until I guess they finally collapsed. No idea how four adults could spend a cruise in a single balcony cabin but we were the lucky next door neighbors. This was the worst of the three trips.

17 hours ago, JAYVIATION said:

I think you really know the answer to this question.  You know it could be an issue, so why risk your vacation on an issue you can avoid.  Two rules for cabin selection:  1) Never book a connecting cabin. 2) Never book a cabin under the pool deck or other common area.

19 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I always take a few magnetic hooks and hang coats or bathrobes as an extra baffle, just incase!

I can't really see from the picture, but are the hooks on the door or the wall?  This is a good idea, not just because there is a connecting door but there are few hooks in the stateroom, and my DH loves to put his clothes over the chair, on the sofa, etc.  I want to get a few of those hooks.  Any suggestions?  🙂

32 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I can't really see from the picture, but are the hooks on the door or the wall?  This is a good idea, not just because there is a connecting door but there are few hooks in the stateroom, and my DH loves to put his clothes over the chair, on the sofa, etc.  I want to get a few of those hooks.  Any suggestions?  🙂

I hang those ones on to the ceiling just above the door.

Bought them from Amazon a few years ago, but here is the link to the product.  I purchased the 10kg ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BN9PJ37L/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

They are very useful.  We usually take 5 or 6 with us on a cruise. Great for hanging wet clothes after a shore ex.  Or 'pinning' the itinerary to a wall.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

They are very useful.  We usually take 5 or 6 with us on a cruise. Great for hanging wet clothes after a shore ex.  Or 'pinning' the itinerary to a wall.

Thanks.  I just ordered a 4 pack.  Good idea also regarding the itinerary!  

We had one on the NS. My hearing is perhaps more sensitive than DW's and I was able to hear ordinary conversation and TV (as well as the religious moments mentioned above). DW did not hear a thing. YMMV.

I think you really know the answer to this question.  You know it could be an issue, so why risk your vacation on an issue you can avoid.  Two rules for cabin selection:  1) Never book a connecting cabin. 2) Never book a cabin under the pool deck or other common area.

And never book over a music or other loud venue.

Edited by Wehwalt