Transport Port Everglades to MIA

misha1

Hello cruise lovers, I did a general search and the results are difficult to sift thru.  We disembark in Port Everglades and our flight home is out of MIA.  I am just looking for experiences using ride-share such as Uber.  I have never 'pre-scheduled' an Uber.  Does this process work well?  (Thinking about how the Uber would find us in the sea if disembarking guests).  We will need a larger SUV and I wondered if folks knew approximate prices for this trip?  Thanks in advance and Happy Sails

We do Miami / Ft. Lauderdale transits between both airports and both ports frequently and always have used Uber with very good success.  We also like it as it is cashless and paid automatically with your CC through the app, including a designated tip.

You can pre-reserve if you want or just wait until you are getting your baggage and are ready to head out of the terminal to request a ride.  Both work well and you can decide which you prefer, perhaps based on your flight time.  Drivers a plentiful in that area for that transit.

Either way the driver will find you at the baggage area where you are waiting.  Just tell them where you are. I also describe the clothes I am wearing to assist.  The app shows you their real time location to you on the app map. 

The only real advantage of pre-reserving is not having to wait for the ride to show as you will set a designated meeting time. But you have to be there on time as well so as not to keep your driver waiting. The ride time is about 45 minutes, so time your pick up based on that. 

You can do a mock booking on the app to see different vehicle and price options. It's been a couple of years since we did it last and we used a mid-range vehicle.  As I recall the fare was around $50 with tip.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The prebooking prices have been substantially higher than booking on the spot. The wait at the terminal will be about 5 minutes or so. The ride depending on traffic will be about 30-45 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misha1 said:

Hello cruise lovers, I did a general search and the results are difficult to sift thru.  We disembark in Port Everglades and our flight home is out of MIA.  I am just looking for experiences using ride-share such as Uber.  I have never 'pre-scheduled' an Uber.  Does this process work well?  (Thinking about how the Uber would find us in the sea if disembarking guests).  We will need a larger SUV and I wondered if folks knew approximate prices for this trip?  Thanks in advance and Happy Sails

Hello @misha1

To help you out, your new thread was off topic where posted and has been moved to the North American Homeports - East Coast Departures - Florida Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that live there or have been there frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you have posted! Please click here Cruise Critic Community for all our various discussion forum categories. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

I also suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies such as this thread. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts. They will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat