Booking WIFI - Wait for specials questions

hubofhockey

The inclusive (basic drinks and basic WIFI package) cost of our cruise was $2,202 more than the straight cruise price.

We took basic price.  We don't drink that much, but we will need some kind of WIFI package.

This is our last cruise in select before hitting Elite, so 25% off drinks package.

If we wait for a special on drink packages, will we still be able to use the 25% off the special price or do the specials only apply to regular prices?  

This is a transpacific cruise (Sydney-New Zealand-Tahiti-Honolulu) , so there are too many days where Google Fi or pocket WIFI just wouldn't work.  Kind of stuck with ship's basic or premium.  At 25% off regular price that's $270 for basic or $472 for premium.  It might even make more sense to buy WIFI by the day and stick with Google Fi in ports.

Thanks.  

10 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

The inclusive (basic drinks and basic WIFI package) cost of our cruise was $2,202 more than the straight cruise price.

We took basic price.  We don't drink that much, but we will need some kind of WIFI package.

This is our last cruise in select before hitting Elite, so 25% off drinks package.

If we wait for a special on drink packages, will we still be able to use the 25% off the special price or do the specials only apply to regular prices?  

This is a transpacific cruise (Sydney-New Zealand-Tahiti-Honolulu) , so there are too many days where Google Fi or pocket WIFI just wouldn't work.  Kind of stuck with ship's basic or premium.  At 25% off regular price that's $270 for basic or $472 for premium.  It might even make more sense to buy WIFI by the day and stick with Google Fi in ports.

Thanks.  

whatever you pay now for any package, drinks, wifi, dining shore excursions etc can always be cancelled and repurchased if/when you see a lower price, you can do this up until 48 hours prior to the cruise.  Also, I believe (??) the elite discount is 15%.

What am I reading wrong?

Your Club Tier 

select-tier-logo.svg

Select

150 - 299 Club Points*

Benefits

• 25% off internet package or internet upgrade
  • 5% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • One standard bag of laundry at discounted price
  • Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items
  • 10% discount at The Spa
  • 30% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Complimentary wine seminar event
  • Priority status for shore excursion waitlist
  • Status match with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society at Platinum Level

8 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

What am I reading wrong?

Your Club Tier 

select-tier-logo.svg

Select

150 - 299 Club Points*

Benefits

• 25% off internet package or internet upgrade
  • 5% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • One standard bag of laundry at discounted price
  • Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items
  • 10% discount at The Spa
  • 30% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Complimentary wine seminar event
  • Priority status for shore excursion waitlist
  • Status match with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society at Platinum Level

It does not look like you are reading anything wrong.  That's why I said I believe and added ?? marks, clearly I was not 100% certain.

36 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Discounts are not stackable. you will need to pick the discount, sale price or Elite discount.

Edited by RTShaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Discounts are not stackable. you will need to pick the discount, sale price or Elite discount.

Thanks, probably makes sense to take the 25% and do it closer to the cruise.  Do you know if they do internet by the day or just the entire itinerary?

I had been watching to see if the wifi pricing came down for my April 2025 X cruise. What wound up happening is that Premiere Access (a normally overpriced, useless bit of marketing) dropped on Labor Day Weekend to $17.99 per day, making is $180 for the whole sailing. This made it cheaper than the Basic Wifi by $50 and included some stuff I might do, like an embarkation day lunch or some room service.

So mark down how much the different wifi packages are for your cruise and also the Premiere Access price, to see if yours drops, too.

My experience on previous sailings has been a mixed bag.  I have been told that the CC discount can't be combined with any flash-sale pricing.  However, just this week I called the CC desk when the premium Wi-Fi for my November cruise went on sale for 20% off regular price.  I was able to get 25% Select discount on the flash-sale discounted price, bringing the total to less than the cost of basic Wi-Fi.  Later that same day I called to purchase the discounted beverage package, and I was told the discounts can’t be combined.  Bottom line, I think it depends on who answers your call at the Captains Club desk…good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OT-Miami said:

My experience on previous sailings has been a mixed bag.  I have been told that the CC discount can't be combined with any flash-sale pricing.  However, just this week I called the CC desk when the premium Wi-Fi for my November cruise went on sale for 20% off regular price.  I was able to get 25% Select discount on the flash-sale discounted price, bringing the total to less than the cost of basic Wi-Fi.  Later that same day I called to purchase the discounted beverage package, and I was told the discounts can’t be combined.  Bottom line, I think it depends on who answers your call at the Captains Club desk…good luck!

Agree... used to be able to combine Elite discount with a SALE price but not FLASH SALE price.  Now supposedly you can't combine any of them... but seems that it depends on who you get on the phone.

We have found lately that the most likely time to get a decent discount on wifi is during the holiday season flash sales... check online every day... although who knows what will happen this year now that they have raised the base price of wifi to a ridiculous price it will likely be like all of the other sales... raise the base price to put something on sale and then it's still the same... lol

Question...2nd time only cruising on Celebrity and last time was in 2016.  If we book the all inclusive deal which is basic drink and wifi, can we upgrade to the premium wifi as I listen to ocean waves at night that is stored on my amazon music and requires wifi, and if I am reading cc right basic wifi will not allow me to stream this music or our youtube workout we do either.  So wasn't sure if we could upgrade just the wifi and how much it would be? 

17 hours ago, twincheryl said:

Agree... used to be able to combine Elite discount with a SALE price but not FLASH SALE price.  Now supposedly you can't combine any of them... but seems that it depends on who you get on the phone.

We have found lately that the most likely time to get a decent discount on wifi is during the holiday season flash sales... check online every day... although who knows what will happen this year now that they have raised the base price of wifi to a ridiculous price it will likely be like all of the other sales... raise the base price to put something on sale and then it's still the same... lol

I was lucky to get a good person on the phone.  She took her time and found a way to combine it, so that I was able to get 25% off of the premium sale price of $28 per day, so $21 per day for premium WIFI.  It's an 18 day cruise and she let me do this for one device, so we'll share the logon.  It would have been two devices for $540 basic vs. one device at $357 for premium.  The premium made much more sense.

I am glad I made the decision NOT to take the inclusive package.  It works out much better if you can combine sales and status discounts.

Edited by hubofhockey

9 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Question...2nd time only cruising on Celebrity and last time was in 2016.  If we book the all inclusive deal which is basic drink and wifi, can we upgrade to the premium wifi as I listen to ocean waves at night that is stored on my amazon music and requires wifi, and if I am reading cc right basic wifi will not allow me to stream this music or our youtube workout we do either.  So wasn't sure if we could upgrade just the wifi and how much it would be? 

You can upgrade the WIFI.  It might be cheaper to do it before your cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruzrbachoua said:

sorry another quick question...if only one of us needs the premium wifi can only one in the room buy premium or do the upgrade or does it have to be both?

call customer service at 888.751.7804

26 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

sorry another quick question...if only one of us needs the premium wifi can only one in the room buy premium or do the upgrade or does it have to be both?

Wi-fi is for one device at a time so it does not matter what your cabin mate has (could have standard wi-fi package or none at all).  My wife and I normally use one premium wi-fi package and just switch off between devices. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SEC Man said:

Wi-fi is for one device at a time so it does not matter what your cabin mate has (could have standard wi-fi package or none at all).  My wife and I normally use one premium wi-fi package and just switch off between devices. 

That's what we're doing.  We're sharing the premium and the basic is kind of useless anyway.  Texting and email (without attachments) are okay.  On our Japan cruise, we had the all inclusive because I am pretty sure with Aqua that we had no choice not to take it.  90% of the time our Google Fi worked better on the ship, even at sea, than that basic package.  We won't have the same luck on a transpacific with Google Fi, so the premium WIF makes sense when we have 9 sea days.