Is this hub thing required?

FlaMariner

2 minutes ago, john1238 said:

Thanks for the info-next question is if we both have the hub do we need different email addressed to log in?  We currently have just one email address we use for carnival.

Thanks

I think you'll need to have separate email accounts, that way the HUBApp doesn't get confused thinking it is only one device.  It is also possible the HUBApp allows only a single sign-in, so logging in on a second device using the same email address will deactivate the first login - that depends on how they coded it.

5 minutes ago, john1238 said:

Thanks for the info-next question is if we both have the hub do we need different email addressed to log in?  We currently have just one email address we use for carnival.

Thanks

Ya thats a good call. You do need to different emails, if you use the same one it will jam it up and you'll get texts from yourself 🙂

27 minutes ago, john1238 said:

Thanks

No, you do not. When you're on board and ready to sign into The Hub app, you use your folio number to sign in along with your birthdate. Each person has their own unique folio number. This will be on your sail & sign card.

I have never had an issue with getting a paper menu at breakfast or dinner.  We do YTD and using the app is the way to book brunch or dinner.  I like it because I can request a table while I am still in my room or in other areas of the ship and I don't have to go to the restaurant until my table is ready.  Also, the chat feature is hit or miss because the notifications don't always come to your phone in a timely manner.