NYC & Venezia

brepri_h

Usually around December 2024-Febuary 2025 is when they will release the 2026 sailings. it is always about a year and half in advance

i too hope they send a different ship, having sailed the venezia many times i am tired of that ship. i really miss when carnival used to rotate the ships every year or so

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most of the ships have scheduled posted through 2026, so should be over the next few weeks. 

I would expect it to be Venezia again, unless they send us back Magic, all other ships of similar size have their schedules posted besides the West Coast ones. Hopefully when the next new build comes out in 2027 they shuffle ships around. 

• Thanks 1

While we only have conjecture, my guess would be the same ship, for many reasons.  That said, things are a changing (like the times), the question is when.  I highly doubt NYC to be a year round full time port for Carnival again.

• Thanks 1

I loved the Venezia and I loved Bermuda. But I don't cruise enough to want to repeat ships (one of the hang ups I have about the Greenland itinerary next year, because I've been on the Pride). Ports I'm mostly fine with repeating. I mean, if I lived in a port city, I would probably take a couple cruises a year on the same ship, but since I have to travel, I want to mix it up a bit. Also why I haven't reached any type of meaningful status on any line yet lol.

• Like 3

Since we are closest to NYC for cruising, the bulk of our cruises have sailed from NYC. The Venezia, while very pretty, is a one and done for us. Pool deck area is too small to have enough loungers available and the deck above the pool area is too enclosed to allow for air to circulate. If it's a hot sunny and humid day in the Caribbean, it's too hot to sit up there. The buffet area is too tight and the long lines are frustrating. If a different ship is returned to NY, we will be back and sailing with Carnival again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

Usually around December 2024-Febuary 2025 is when they will release the 2026 sailings. it is always about a year and half in advance

i too hope they send a different ship, having sailed the venezia many times i am tired of that ship. i really miss when carnival used to rotate the ships every year or so

I would sail her again just to save on flights because we can drive to new york.I would really prefer a different ship.My kids did not enjoy it that much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Most of the ships have scheduled posted through 2026, so should be over the next few weeks. 

I would expect it to be Venezia again, unless they send us back Magic, all other ships of similar size have their schedules posted besides the West Coast ones. Hopefully when the next new build comes out in 2027 they shuffle ships around. 

Oh, that would be nice. I have noticed that a new ship does tend to come to New York for a little while before heading south!

7 hours ago, brepri_h said:

Oh, that would be nice. I have noticed that a new ship does tend to come to New York for a little while before heading south!

Well we would have gotten Mardi Gras, though a very very short season so that size ship is capable of sailing from NY. But I’d settle for Vista or if they ever swing her over this side Panorama. 

11 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

5 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Well we would have gotten Mardi Gras, though a very very short season so that size ship is capable of sailing from NY. But I’d settle for Vista or if they ever swing her over this side Panorama. 

Ohhh yes I'd love to see the Vista on NYC! We took the horizon from NYC in 2018 and really enjoyed her!

Edited by brepri_h

Have to agree with everyone. I live in NE NJ and cruise solo now and am not comfortable driving or flying alone to another port. I have cruised Venezia 4x and am booked on #5 May, ‘25 just because she’s here! I just cruised Enchanted Princess out of Brooklyn. Shocked me not to sail CCL lol but I survived and even enjoyed it! So I’m booked on MSC Meraviglia with DS, DIL and 5 of my grands (🫣🙄🥺😵‍💫) out of Brooklyn and I’m trying Odyssey OTS from Bayonne too! I’d prefer to cruise CCL but it doesn’t make sense for me to go on the same ship over and over. 🤷‍♀️ if CCL puts another ship here I’d book it in a New York minute! 😆

• Like 2

On 9/29/2024 at 12:44 PM, AmanaCruise2 said:

Since we are closest to NYC for cruising, the bulk of our cruises have sailed from NYC. The Venezia, while very pretty, is a one and done for us. Pool deck area is too small to have enough loungers available and the deck above the pool area is too enclosed to allow for air to circulate. If it's a hot sunny and humid day in the Caribbean, it's too hot to sit up there. The buffet area is too tight and the long lines are frustrating. If a different ship is returned to NY, we will be back and sailing with Carnival again. 

Agree with you completely.  Did this cruise in April 2024.  A very small pool for so many pax.  Carnival please give NYC another ship.  

• Like 1