Cruise Next HELP!

I recently sailed on the NCL Joy.  Two days before the end of the cruise I bought 4 Cruise Next Certificates for a total of $1000.  As per the Cruise Next promotion, I received $500 OBC.  Since it was at the end of the cruise, I knew I would not use all of the $500 OBC.  I specifically asked the Cruise Next rep about unused credit and she assured me it would be applied to my account balance.  When I checked my credit card statement, I saw NCL had over charged me $495.01.  Through an excruciatingly painful process with the Guest Experience Coordinator beginning on September 18 via email, that person is telling me I can't use the promotional credit on my account.  I have requested to speak to her on the phone, but she will only correspond by email.  This was my 27th cruise on NCL and I've bought Cruise Next before and had no problem.  Aside from filing a dispute with my credit card company, does any one have any suggestions on how to get an actual human to respond by phone at NCL or where else to go from here?

Kathy

The OBC for purchasing Cruise Next can only be used to offset the cost of CruiseNext. You still owe $500 for your cruiseNext, plus anything else you charged less any other OBC you might have. Sounds like you misunderstood the CruiseNext accounting. 

• Like 1

I think some clarification is needed. 

Let's say you owed 300 before buying the certificates. After the purchase you should now owe 800.

Did NCL charge you close to 1300? Meaning you paid the full 1000 for the certificates?

@Vagabondvoyager

I knew I would not use all of the $500 OBC

This is your only real mistake probably taken by you because the Future Cruise people will NOT explain clearly the following.   Just like their offer of FREE MONEY!!   I have only come across one Future Cruise person who explains in this way.

Your account will be DEBITED with $1000, probably as 4 lots of $250

Your account will be CREDITED with $500, probably in 4 lots but, maybe, not all $125

From your purchase your will OWE NCL $500 plus, of course, whatever else you have spent on board

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vagabondvoyager said:

I recently sailed on the NCL Joy.  Two days before the end of the cruise I bought 4 Cruise Next Certificates for a total of $1000.  As per the Cruise Next promotion, I received $500 OBC.  Since it was at the end of the cruise, I knew I would not use all of the $500 OBC.  I specifically asked the Cruise Next rep about unused credit and she assured me it would be applied to my account balance.  When I checked my credit card statement, I saw NCL had over charged me $495.01.  Through an excruciatingly painful process with the Guest Experience Coordinator beginning on September 18 via email, that person is telling me I can't use the promotional credit on my account.  I have requested to speak to her on the phone, but she will only correspond by email.  This was my 27th cruise on NCL and I've bought Cruise Next before and had no problem.  Aside from filing a dispute with my credit card company, does any one have any suggestions on how to get an actual human to respond by phone at NCL or where else to go from here?

Kathy

Kathy

You should see $1000 charge on your room account. 

You should see the $500 OBC credit on your room account.

You should owe NCL the difference, $500. 

Seems like they properly applied the OBC against the cost of the certificates. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Kathy

The problem is that they did not apply the $500 OBC to my account that I had received for buying the four Cruise Next certificates.  They are calling it unused nonrefundable OBC.  I have never had a problem before like this when I purchased Cruise Next.

2 hours ago, Asawi said:

I think some clarification is needed. 

Let's say you owed 300 before buying the certificates. After the purchase you should now owe 800.

Did NCL charge you close to 1300? Meaning you paid the full 1000 for the certificates?

Yes, that is what NCL did.

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

What is the “promotional credit” to which you’re referring?

When you buy Cruise Next Certificates while on a cruise. NCL will give you half of what you paid for your certificates in OBC.  In my case, I bought $1000 in certificates and received a $500 OBC.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Kathy

The problem is that NCL did not deduct the $500 OBC from my account meaning that I was charged the full $1000 for my four $250 certificates.

It’s strange that your overcharge is less than $500. Assuming you had *no* onboard charges prior to purchasing the certs, if $0 of the onboard credit was applied then your overcharge should

be exactly $500. 🤔

Do you have a copy of your final statement? Do you have the receipt from Cruise Next detailing the $500 OBC?

How recently did you get off the ship? Are you sure you're seeing a credit card charge and not just a hold that might be released? What did your final statement from the cruise say?