MAS details and thoughts

jds2001

so I decided to call in and see when my new total would  reflect the removal of FAS+, since I no longer saw it on my reservation.  Agent told me it is a glitch in the system and that it is still on my reservation and that I will have it on my cruise next June.  I got an amenity confirmation sent to me, and it is all still on there including the FAS+ drink package.  So, another call another answer 🙂  I don't cruise until June so there will be plenty of folks sailing before me next year.  We'll see what happens

• Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 5:18 PM, robtx100 said:

I  hope it includes the Duckhorn Merlot. I was going to upgrade to FAS+ just to drink my weight in Duckhorn. 🙂 

I did that on the Joy last June with FAS+. Highly recommend and one of the reasons we booked again. I’ll be really disappointed if it’s not available going forward. 

I have read thru all the replies but I am still not sure I understand the specialty dining changes.  Can someone explain to me what will happen to my specialty dining purchases.

I am taking 9 day in January.  I got 2 specialty dining with the booking.  I purchased FAS 2 dining special for $69pp.  I then purchased 2 more specialty dining for 118.80pp.  That gave me 6 specialty dining credits.

On day 120 (September 30/October 1) I  booked my reservations for Cagney’s, Ocean Blue, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, and Moderno.  I got error messages but I was able to get them booked finally.  The only weird thing was when I booked Moderno there was a $48.00 charge to book the dinner.  I went ahead and booked it.

Now my reservations are showing correctly but my summary doesn’t have the 4 specialty dining I bought.   I am seeing posts saying I will receive a refund.  How am I to pay for the dinners I want and does anyone know the cost?

I am hoping someone can give me information on the specialty dining situation.

On 10/1/2024 at 5:35 PM, dbrown84 said:

Depends on what you're drinking.  I get double Hennessey xo and macallan, which cost $100.  The $400 cost of FAS+ was a bargain in comparison.  This is for my 10 day cruise next year 

Yup, those are my exact two go-to drinks as well, dbrown84 (that and whatever "premium" champagne was on offer, as well as the freshly squeezed orange juice every morning). It's really going to downgrade those of us who drink the premium spirits and wines. I will miss the FAS+ package for sure!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

I have read thru all the replies but I am still not sure I understand the specialty dining changes.  Can someone explain to me what will happen to my specialty dining purchases.

I am taking 9 day in January.  I got 2 specialty dining with the booking.  I purchased FAS 2 dining special for $69pp.  I then purchased 2 more specialty dining for 118.80pp.  That gave me 6 specialty dining credits.

On day 120 (September 30/October 1) I  booked my reservations for Cagney’s, Ocean Blue, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, and Moderno.  I got error messages but I was able to get them booked finally.  The only weird thing was when I booked Moderno there was a $48.00 charge to book the dinner.  I went ahead and booked it.

Now my reservations are showing correctly but my summary doesn’t have the 4 specialty dining I bought.   I am seeing posts saying I will receive a refund.  How am I to pay for the dinners I want and does anyone know the cost?

I am hoping someone can give me information on the specialty dining situation.

The word is that all previously purchased dining packages will be honored. There simply are no new ones available for purchase. My summary doesn't have the 4 that I bought for my November transatlantic either, but it's my understanding that they will be honored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jds2001 said:

The word is that all previously purchased dining packages will be honored. There simply are no new ones available for purchase. My summary doesn't have the 4 that I bought for my November transatlantic either, but it's my understanding that they will be honored.

It is also my understanding that the additional meals purchased prior to October 1st will be honored.    Even though they are (temporary?) no longer showing on the NCL website, I believe they will pop back up.   

FAS+ which had disappeared from my cruise summary for Dec 24 b2b cruises has reappeared today for both sailings in my cruise summary. 2 meal dining package still doesn’t show but I have a printed confirmation and no refunds have posted so I’m comfortable with that.  ETA just now I see the charge for the 2 mail dining package in the payment section which had previously gone missing so everything is in order now.  Let’s hope it stays that way.

Edited by grouchomarx
  • Like 3

I wouldn't get too excited - mine is also back for 2026.  Think it caused all kinds of confusion for people not knowing about it (not on cruise critic) and seeing things missing.  My guess is they put it all back and then will send out the emails about it being cancelled and the refunds.

2 minutes ago, Eno said:

I wouldn't get too excited - mine is also back for 2026.  Think it caused all kinds of confusion for people not knowing about it (not on cruise critic) and seeing things missing.  My guess is they put it all back and then will send out the emails about it being cancelled and the refunds.

In my case, I believe the dining credits that were purchased before October 1st will be honored.   

I also think there will be a lot of comings and goings over the next few days on the NCL website confirmation summary.

20 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

FAS+ has also returned to my vacation summary for my June cruise.  I'll try my best to drink every drop of Macallan on the ship 🙂 

I don't think the beverage package sticks, the rest of it does (2 meals, unlimited WiFi, excursion credit) does however.

9 minutes ago, Eno said:

You'll get the specialty dining, excursion credits, and unlimited WiFi still. Just not the beverage piece, from what I understand (and there should(??) be a refund of some piece of the price for that)

1 minute ago, jds2001 said:

I don't think the beverage package sticks, the rest of it does (2 meals, unlimited WiFi, excursion credit) does however.

Yeah, I'll wait and see what happens with folks with January sailings.  I had a NCL rep tell me last night that the drinks would remain but I believe others have been told different.  I have not had an adjustment in cost yet 

23 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Hi Mike,

My PCC told me that basically I keep all the FAS benefits but will get the MAS for the drinks.  The only difference I see is that you can't buy extra specialty restaurants ahead of time.  When you go to make the dinner reservations and choose to add more restaurants you will have to pay the cover charge at that point.  I'm hoping that they adjust the drop-down menu to reflect a solo cruiser reservation instead of having a table for 2 be the lowest choice. In booking any cruise going forward the only thing I see that is less than what I normally get would be the cut in internet minutes.  My next cruise is in a month under the FAS option so we'll see how it goes.

Genzi

Yeah they definitely need to fix the reservation system if they're going to charge us ahead of time, I usually reserve for two and then change it once on board.  I was figuring out my shore excursions and not my dining and I'm so mad I didn't pick up my extra specialty dining credits earlier.

Yes I was told dining WIFI and shore excursion will stay and a refund will be issued for the drink package but the don’t know what it will be yet. My daughters purchased 4 specialty meals are still missing but was given an amenity list yesterday that shows it. 

10 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

FAS+ which had disappeared from my cruise summary for Dec 24 b2b cruises has reappeared today for both sailings in my cruise summary. 2 meal dining package still doesn’t show but I have a printed confirmation and no refunds have posted so I’m comfortable with that.  ETA just now I see the charge for the 2 mail dining package in the payment section which had previously gone missing so everything is in order now.  Let’s hope it stays that way.

I add FAS+ on October 3 for my December 2024 cruise. Cost me $294 for a seven-day trip, and I booked on October 1, 2024.

9 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

FAS+ has also returned to my vacation summary for my June cruise.  I'll try my best to drink every drop of Macallan on the ship 🙂 

For me, the Pellegrino.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Generatedusername said:

I add FAS+ on October 3 for my December 2024 cruise. Cost me $294 for a seven-day trip, and I booked on October 1, 2024.

For me, the Pellegrino.

Unfortunately, I did get the email today officially announcing the drinks will be dropped, so the NCL agent I spoke with was wrong 

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

Unfortunately, I did get the email today officially announcing the drinks will be dropped, so the NCL agent I spoke with was wrong 

Yeah, and the same email said it would take 30 days to process the refund and didn't specify what it would be (which means they haven't figured it out)

6 hours ago, dock said:

Does it make sense to cancel FAS+ or should I wait and see what the details are first? 
Thanks. 

I'm waiting to see how much it will ultimately cost.  I'm not interested in the unlimited Internet, so after they refund the drinks I'll see what I end up paying and decide if I want to pay that for 2 meals 

• Like 1