Voyager Fall 2025 Sailing Canceled

12 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

So why didn't they let anybody transfer to these?

You can.  They just won't price protect your cancelled cruise.  Would you expect them to when one was 7 days and the new ones is 18?

8 hours ago, little britain said:

It is Absolutely Disgusting that RCI did not offer first dibs to those already on Voyager Suez to move over to one of these new sailings. Even if they said there would be a slight price increase I’m sure many would have jumped at a chance of a unique itinerary. 

Who says they didn't?  

Maybe I'm missing something- but did anyone here have a Suez Canal cruise on the Voyager?  Seems that people that had their cruise canceled had some kind of Med cruise that was canceled because the ship had to leave early to get around Africa instead of the Suez Canal.

As far as I can tell, they are in the exact same situation where our Grandeur cruise was moved to the Jewel last November- and they didn't offer us the TA that moved the ship from Amsterdam to Boston.  Once I found out about it, I asked to move with no penalty, and we were allowed.  I have no idea what happened to the people on the Grandeur that were originally on the Tampa to Boston cruise that was totally wiped out.

If someone has a Med cruise, it's Royals responsibility to replace it with another Med cruise, not some longer one that it a totally different itinerary.  The "good" part would be to allow people to change to that new itinerary without any penalty.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Who says they didn't?  

Maybe I'm missing something- but did anyone here have a Suez Canal cruise on the Voyager?  Seems that people that had their cruise canceled had some kind of Med cruise that was canceled because the ship had to leave early to get around Africa instead of the Suez Canal.

Yes, we were booked on Suez Voyager actually which was a 14n cruise @Cigar King not 7n. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, alfaeric said:

Who says they didn't?  

I was booked on the Suez transit,the cruise before and after. That’s 3 cruises.

I was offered the trans Atlantic on Odyssey with price protection and that’s it And of course a refund .

No mention of Voyager going around the bottom of Africa with passengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2024 at 6:07 PM, springaussie said:

Royal should have never put these cruises up for sale in April.

Voyager should have went on sale via Cape Town then!

It is  disgusting to hear how Royal has played games with these sailings. I feel sorry for the people who book other cruise, tours etc based on Voyager going thru the Suez. 

Agree. They were never likely to happen.  
A mixture of hopium, stupidity and greed from Royal.  

Edited by geoff2802
  • Like 2

On 10/3/2024 at 12:54 AM, Chiliburn said:

If Voyager is going around the bottom of Africa to get to Brisbane. Why is it going to Singapore?

Shouldn’t they have cancelled the Singapore to Brisbane cruise and gone straight to Perth. 

The only commercial reason I can think of is that they have sold the Singapore to Brisbane cruise at high prices.  I’ve been following it and prices have been high right from release to today.  
There are plenty of other reasons, like Royal is stupid.  🙂.  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

The only commercial reason I can think of is that they have sold the Singapore to Brisbane cruise at high prices.  I’ve been following it and prices have been high right from release to today.  
There are plenty of other reasons, like Royal is stupid.  🙂.  

Singapore to the east coast Australia is pretty much a beaten path. Something a bit different would sell fairly well .

Capetown ,Perth,  Adelaide ,Hobart,Sydney to Brisbane. At least there’s no tender ports.

• Like 3

Just now, Chiliburn said:

Singapore to the east coast Australia is pretty much a beaten path. Something a bit different would sell fairly well .

Capetown ,Perth,  Adelaide ,Hobart,Sydney to Brisbane. At least there’s no tender ports.

Yes, and this would allow extra time to make the Cape Town to Freo leg more interesting eg calls on the east coast of South Africa, Madagascar, Seychelles, Zanzibar.  I think this would be higher revenue and definitely lower fuel cost.  Maybe Royal don’t know of these places!  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, and this would allow extra time to make the Cape Town to Freo leg more interesting eg calls on the east coast of South Africa, Madagascar, Seychelles, Zanzibar.  I think this would be higher revenue and definitely lower fuel cost.  Maybe Royal don’t know of these places!  

They must have that Bloke who signed the Lease for Lelepa and the world cruise making decisions.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

I would have loved to do Cape Town to Freo.

5 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

And we’re doing Mauritius, Madagascar Zanzibar and Seychelles on Azamara. 
NCL also do some great itineraries in that region. 

@Chiliburn we are destined not to meet! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, alfaeric said:

If someone has a Med cruise, it's Royals responsibility to replace it with another Med cruise, not some longer one that it a totally different itinerary. 

Edited by cruiseboy89130

14 hours ago, alfaeric said:

If someone has a Med cruise, it's Royals responsibility to replace it with another Med cruise,

Most here are NOT talking about the Med cruise that was replaced by a Med cruise! But the Suez that was replaced by a transatlantic that is selling way cheaper anyway - so no price-protection really!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

You can still do a 14 night b2b but finishing in Barcelona instead.

What I don't know is if the first cruise will be changed, in that the other cruise is in the same general area.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Pricing is available for the repo cruises Oct 27 and Nov 14.

My TA has just posted them… just over $2000 pp for a balcony for 18n on a rather uninspired itinerary from Barcelona to Cape Town. They missed a trick. Jmho. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Pricing is available for the repo cruises Oct 27 and Nov 14.

I looked on royalcaribbean.com, and they're not showing yet. Has anyone found them online yet, maybe on another site?

3 minutes ago, jgregory said:

I looked on royalcaribbean.com, and they're not showing yet. Has anyone found them online yet, maybe on another site?

Travel agents can access them.  They will probably show up on Royals site later tonight or in the morning.  You could also call Royal and access them that way