Jubilee sister ship?

Softservekid1

Mardi Gras and Celebration are sister ships..

Layout is nearly identical with a few twists here and there to accommodate some flow improvements or design updates.  To distinguish any of them in any real way that would matter to your cruise enjoyment would be difficult at best. Pick your ports, ports of embarkation, or your price points and assume you are getting the same experience.  That's my opinion - I have sailed all three. 

Truly, the biggest differentiator was the crew (and since I sailed them sequentially in order, it was often the same crew since they were promoted and graduated up to the latest ship in the fleet) and how they were managed by Cruise Directors that had a little different flavor. But, I suspect most sailors would not even notice that as well!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Softservekid1 said:

is the Jubilee newer and larger? i loved the Jubilee but did not like any mexican stops. I've heard the Bahamas are no better as far as ports and excursions. Too many locals bugging the crap out of you.

size of the newer ships, limits their itineraries, only the biggest/most popular ports.

• Like 1

We've been on all three for multiple weeks each.  They are essentially the same with a bit different decorations in each one.   The Mardi Gras does their Voodoo Moon Show, which is not on the other two ships.   The other ships do a different show in place of Voodoo Moon.  The Jubilee has their Texas tailgate party, where the other two do not.   All three ships do Celestial Strings, which is pretty amazing.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

is the Jubilee newer and larger?

There may be slight differences in reported GT and pax load, but for all practical purposes, they are all the same size.

17 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

i loved the Jubilee but did not like any mexican stops. I've heard the Bahamas are no better as far as ports and excursions. Too many locals bugging the crap out of you.

Well, you kinda get that at all stops in the Caribbean - locals want your business.

Carnival's offerings of excursions are definitely in the "extra mild" category - for real "spice" you apparently need to go private third party.  The Bahamas is, by dint of the proximity to the east FL ports, very over-visited, so finding something off-the-wall is probably not easy.

On 10/2/2024 at 2:27 PM, Softservekid1 said:

is the Jubilee newer and larger? i loved the Jubilee but did not like any mexican stops. I've heard the Bahamas are no better as far as ports and excursions. Too many locals bugging the crap out of you.

Jubilee is the newest of the 3 ships, having its inaugural sailing not even a year ago - December 2023.

Jubilee and Celebration are slightly larger than Mardi Gras in reported GT, but really not enough that it's anything noticeable or larger in a practical sense. Jubilee and Celebration are the same size in reported GT.

11 hours ago, bg2310 said:

Jubilee is the newest of the 3 ships, having its inaugural sailing not even a year ago - December 2023.

Jubilee and Celebration are slightly larger than Mardi Gras in reported GT, but really not enough that it's anything noticeable or larger in a practical sense. Jubilee and Celebration are the same size in reported GT.

Thanks, I just got off the Jubilee a couple weeks ago. It is a fantastic ship including all the entertainment and workers. Problem is Mexico sucks for its ports. Maybe I need to look at other cruises and ports but being able to get to Galveston easier and cheaper than flying somewhere to get on a ship is a huge advantage for me. Disclaimer, I'm 72 and don't enjoy sitting in an oil slick "pool" with a bunch of rude drunk people. 30 years ago, I was right there but now, I like a more subdued experience. I need to explore other cruise opportunities, I was just spoiled by the new, Jubilee.

• Like 1