transportation from Fort Lauderdale port to Miami Hotel

Hi! In Feb, I need to get to a Miami hotel after arriving at the Fort Lauderdale port..I contacted Larry's and they asked$162 plus tolls, if any.

Any recommendations? I am not keen on an Uber because I will be alone and would like someone to meet me with my name on a card!!

Where in Miami is your hotel?  If near MIA you could taxi to the Tri-Rail station, then ride the train to MIA, and then shuttle to your hotel.

A taxi from PE to a downtown Miami hotel will run about $75+ - UberX will be a little cheaper.  I prefer Uber to a cab because there is an electronic record of the trip.  For private car service I doubt you will get much cheaper than Larry's.

Since you are travelling solo it will probably be cost-effective and convenient just to book the cruise line's transfer to MIA and then take a cab (or the hotel shuttle, if there is one) from there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Since you are travelling solo it will probably be cost-effective and convenient just to book the cruise line's transfer to MIA and then take a cab (or the hotel shuttle, if there is one) from there.

smart option!

• Like 1

The one thing I will touch on, you say "I am not keen on taking an Uber because I will be alone". There's no difference in you getting into a vehicle with a shuttle driver by yourself, or you getting into a rideshare by yourself. It's still going to just be you and the driver. You could always use Uber Pool which you'd be riding with someone else potentially.