Pacific Adventure

Afternoon all,

Haven’t been on P&O for about 10 years and never on Carnival. Just looking at a cruise on Pacific Adventure in June. What is the good, the bad and the ugly? At $900 each we won’t be taking the drinks package, but are the wines reasonable by the bottle? Do you think we will still get military credit if I book today? From memory we usually had a good time on P&O. Anyway tempted to book. Price for a mini suite is only $1099. Unfortunately deposit is 50% (high deposits seem to be the norm these days) We did have a mini on Golden and from memory they were quite large.

Thanks for any comments.

Edited by resordanis
Spelling

I don't believe the cabins have changed much from when she was the Golden Princess, the Star hadn't when she became the Pacific Encounter.

How ever the public areas did get a big do over on both ships.

Yes military Benefits are available on all Carnival brands.

I have received them on Princess, Cunard, and P&O Australia.

Drinks I found reasonable for on a cruise ship.

Their different from Princess, but much of a muchness, they do charge for things that are free on Princess.

Regards

John

• Like 2

When I looked this morning, they also had Byron minis available for only $20 per night extra. They disappeared 10 mins later.

Cabins are identical furniture, fresher looking carpet & linen. You could get the same cabin as Golden, minis are nice, although the cheap version of the fares gives you no choice of which one (guarantee, non-refundable deposit. However, I did see them promoting a $49 deposit, but I wasn't curious enough to look further.

I wonder will it be like Golden, will it feel like P&O, or will it feel like Carnival?

43 minutes ago, arxcards said:

When I looked this morning, they also had Byron minis available for only $20 per night extra. They disappeared 10 mins later.

Cabins are identical furniture, fresher looking carpet & linen. You could get the same cabin as Golden, minis are nice, although the cheap version of the fares gives you no choice of which one (guarantee, non-refundable deposit. However, I did see them promoting a $49 deposit, but I wasn't curious enough to look further.

I wonder will it be like Golden, will it feel like P&O, or will it feel like Carnival?

The deposit on the P&O site was 50%! I can understand it going up slightly but $600 in a few minutes! Anyway Geoff, I won’t know if it is the same as Golden because I’m not paying an extra $600! I guess it is still a reasonable price, but not proceeding. Currently waiting for a live person to call me after ‘chatting’ with someone else!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

The deposit on the P&O site was 50%! I can understand it going up slightly but $600 in a few minutes! Anyway Geoff, I won’t know if it is the same as Golden because I’m not paying an extra $600! I guess it is still a reasonable price, but not proceeding. Currently waiting for a live person to call me after ‘chatting’ with someone else!

That's funny. Every other cruise on Adventure in June 2025 is offering $49, but not that one which is showing a flash sale instead. It is like they are trying to see what bait works best. I do wonder if someone made a mistake with the pricing.

Anyway, minis are currently showing as sold out. Byron mini showing as available, but $2K pp.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That's funny. Every other cruise on Adventure in June 2025 is offering $49, but not that one which is showing a flash sale instead. It is like they are trying to see what bait works best. I do wonder if someone made a mistake with the pricing.

Anyway, minis are currently showing as sold out. Byron mini showing as available, but $2K pp.

It is a case of it sounds too goo to be true it is! Anyway no great loss!

• Like 2

We were on Pacific Adventure last week.  Very much the same layout as the Grand Princess and the decor in the room was similar.  The pool near the spa is the Byron Beach club so no access.  The rear pool is adults only.  Wifi very good, food good, we had the non alcoholic drink package which was worth it, especially since we were delayed 6 hours back into Sydney.   Better bingo prizes than Princess.  
Much better than the Explorer.  Also much better than Carnival.  Only gripe is the lack of food options - no free pizza, burgers or icecream, no cafe food unless you pay.  Will be disappointed when it is changed over.

• Like 1

We did Pacific Adventure in April.  It was our first experience of P&O and I'm sorry to say that we'd never do it again.  We've some experience of difference lines having cruised on Princess, MSC (never, never, never again), CMV and Royal Caribbean.  The best way I can explain our impression was that it was akin to budget cruising.  The food was ordinary and never hot, the entertainment less than exciting and the staff often lacked skills.  Wine was expensive but you expect that really.  It seems like almost everything you'd normally expect (cheese) was a pay for item.  While there was nothing wrong with our cabin (balcony midships) the ambient temperature in the rest of the vessel was beyond freezing.  Indeed, one of the bars Adventure Hotel was renamed by some the Arctic Hotel.  This is our experience and may differ significantly to others but I feel still worth sharing.

• Like 2

Thanks, I think?

Will pack a jacket against the air con. Why do ships do that?  I have experienced way below comfortable temperatures indoors on several cruises. Particularly difficult if you are sailing in hot climates and have packed almost all summer clothes.

Hi Cheryle, just to add to everyone else's comments, I was on Pacific Adventure 4 weeks ago, short 4 nighter. We have also sailed on it as a Princess ship, love the design.

Not a fan of the P&O product, basic food choices, lack of inclusive items.

If you are planning on sailing in June 2025, it will be a Carnival product, no one is real sure what will change, inclusions, prices, Seaday Brunch, Guys burgers, Mexican, Indian food etc, free Pizza, I don't see how they can sail under Carnival and not be the "same" but in time we will all know!!

The aft pool is adults only as Adventure, but it was noisy with really loud music and really loud people haha! This is usually our favourite place on Princess and Carnival.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

have experienced way below comfortable temperatures indoors on several cruises. Particularly difficult if you are sailing in hot climates and have packed almost all summer clothes

Exactly, I spend the majority of my time on board in a puffer jacket and was still less than comfortable.  Given that we were sailing from Singapore to Sydney down the east coast, most people has mainly packed light weight clothing.

For anyone looking for something different on Carnival Adventure, especially those from WA and SA, I noticed there is a gap in itineraries January 2027 and April 2027.

Last cruise returns to Sydney January 27th, there is a date in Darwin for February 3rd, I assume then Singapore for dry dock as last one was August 2021. A date in Freemantle March 19th, then I can see Adelaide March 23rd, Penneshaw March 27th, Port Lincoln March 28th, Penneshaw April 1st, Penneshaw April 5th, next itinerary from Sydney April 9th.

Assuming a Sydney to Singapore cruise January 27th 2027

And a Singapore to Sydney via Freemantle/ Adelaide March 2027

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Hi Cheryle, just to add to everyone else's comments, I was on Pacific Adventure 4 weeks ago, short 4 nighter. We have also sailed on it as a Princess ship, love the design.

Not a fan of the P&O product, basic food choices, lack of inclusive items.

If you are planning on sailing in June 2025, it will be a Carnival product, no one is real sure what will change, inclusions, prices, Seaday Brunch, Guys burgers, Mexican, Indian food etc, free Pizza, I don't see how they can sail under Carnival and not be the "same" but in time we will all know!!

The aft pool is adults only as Adventure, but it was noisy with really loud music and really loud people haha! This is usually our favourite place on Princess and Carnival.

They have an issue that they lack a brand identity after March next year. It is no longer P&O, but they are saying (for the P&O customers) that it will be a P&O product. Carnival will take over but have yet to announce anything much apart from VIFP and that there will be further announcements. So it isn't really P&O and it isn't really Carnival. It could be the best of P&O retained with the best of Carnival woven in, or it could be the opposite. Carnival & P&O/Carnival itineraries are out for 26/27, but I think I will wait till next month to see what itineraries Princess is going to offer. Looks like it will still be Crown based here plus Royal from Sydney & Grand from Brisbane.

2 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

the ambient temperature in the rest of the vessel was beyond freezing.  Indeed, one of the bars Adventure Hotel was renamed by some the Arctic Hotel.

I assume you went up to Skywalkers. I have always thought that would be an excellent place to store meat. 🥶

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I assume you went up to Skywalkers. I have always thought that would be an excellent place to store meat. 🥶

Sure did and even in my Kathmandu puffer jacket and jeans it was so cold I could stay there more than 2 minutes for fear of getting chilblains and frost bite. Brrrrr...

Harden up Aussies. 🤣

Didn't notice the supposed chilly temperature on board. But everything else you've mentioned I would agree with. Very much budget cruising on P&O with the overall impression being - meh. Very average offering.