Help me - I am so mad - Carribbean Princess

newcruiserny

3 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

It's at Alfredo's.  The five new gourmet pizzas that are 12.50 each instead of the regularly priced 8.50 pizzas are not included even if you have the Premier package.

It was like that in August when I cruised on Enchanted.

There is no Alfredo's on the Caribbean Princess.  Only Specialty Dining are Crown Grill and Sabatini's.  Casual Dining is Planks and Steamers (alternating evenings).

Premier is a waste of time on the Caribbean Princess with limited dining venues.  

For the $90 you might be able to upgrade to Reserve Class mini-suite (depending on currently booked category).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

It's at Alfredo's.  The five new gourmet pizzas that are 12.50 each instead of the regularly priced 8.50 pizzas are not included even if you have the Premier package.

Alfredo’s is one of the “casual dining” options. I haven’t heard of any limitations on what can be ordered at any of the specialty dining restaurants except for the items on their menus that have always had an up charge. Sounds like Alfredo’s is moving in that direction. Are they not allowing the new pizzas to be ordered at all even if the difference in price is paid?

32 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Alfredo’s is one of the “casual dining” options. I haven’t heard of any limitations on what can be ordered at any of the specialty dining restaurants except for the items on their menus that have always had an up charge. Sounds like Alfredo’s is moving in that direction. Are they not allowing the new pizzas to be ordered at all even if the difference in price is paid?

Don't have first hand experience with it yet.  I'll find out when we embark on the Sun in a week.  

If you have the Plus, you get two meals, if you have the Premier, it's unlimited.  But that is the 3 course deal at 14.99.  Don't know if there would be a 4.00 + 20% upcharge if you wished to upgrade the basic 8.50 pizza to one of the 12.50 ones.

5 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Which restaurants are doing that? It’s not the case in Crown Grill or Sabatini’s on the Caribbean this sailing.

The one I heard about on the Sun was Makoto Ocean restaurant. They didn't mention any others. 

36 minutes ago, 555 said:

The one I heard about on the Sun was Makoto Ocean restaurant. They didn't mention any others. 

Is it that items can’t be ordered at all or just that they offer menu items with an up charge the way they always have in Crown Grill, The Catch, and Sabatini’s?

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

Is it that items can’t be ordered at all or just that they offer menu items with an up charge the way they always have in Crown Grill, The Catch, and Sabatini’s?

Listen for yourself. It begins at around 1:30 or so. It no longer affects me as we cancelled the Premier package. 

Edited by 555

10 minutes ago, 555 said:

Listen for yourself. It begins at around 1:30 or so. It no longer affects me as we cancelled the Premier package. 

I get the sense that this passenger feels that there shouldn’t be items on specialty restaurant menus that aren’t included in the premier package not that they couldn’t order them at an up charge.

In my experience, there have always been items at the specialty restaurants that were not included in the basic charge. To me, it is no surprise that not every item on the menu is included in the package. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

In my experience, there have always been items at the specialty restaurants that were not included in the basic charge. To me, it is no surprise that not every item on the menu is included in the package.

It would simplify things if they had one menu for both those that were paying up front & for those with a Premier package. 

4 minutes ago, 555 said:

It would simplify things if they had one menu for both those that were paying up front & for those with a Premier package. 

I agree and that’s all that I have experience with, a single menu that shows the included items and what is available for a up charge. 

On 10/10/2024 at 10:25 PM, newcruiserny said:

Is there any possibility that I will go on the ship and never eat any specialty dining?  I would be crushed as that is the only reason I purchased Princess Premier

Because this is your first cruise on Princess, your priority for booking restaurant reservations is low compared to frequent cruisers on Princess.

Here's what you do.  3-4 weeks before your cruise, go on the Princess app or the website and make reservations for the MDR.  It will likely be the Palm, the only one of the 3 that takes reservations.  Then, on the app or the website, make reservations for the Crown or Sabatini's.  With Premier, you can eat there as often as you like, but you must make reservations.

If you can't make reservations at the specialty restaurants on line (or on the app), make them on board, using the Princess App, immediately after you embark.

16 hours ago, 555 said:

Someone please call the Humane Society. The horse is dead and is still being beaten. Thank you!

😁

• Like 1