"Live" from Adventure of The Seas, Transatlantic, Port Canaveral to Lisbon, October 25- Nov 6, 2024

Prometheus1

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Prometheus1 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Welcome aboard the Adventure of The Seas, stops at Perfect day at Cococay ,Tenerife Canary Islands, and Lanzarote Canary Islands and ending in Lisbon Portugal

• Like 7

Hi there, only 5 days until boarding (yay). We booked this cruise in December of 2022. I did my first transatlantic in November of 2022 and loved it. 

I last sailed Adventure in 2020, yep got back March 14, 2020 and the world was shutting down, kinda surreal. At that time Adventure was my first Royal Caribbean ship and favorite ship, ever! The food was great, the crew was great and I loved the ship. Looking forward to sailing her again:)

Edited by Prometheus1
add
  • Like 8

This cruise is happening at a perfect time. Finished cleaning up the trees from multiple storms  as we are in Taylor county (the armpit of Florida) We moved here from Jacksonville 1.5 years ago..

Making our way to Daytona to overnight on Thursday after dropping off our pup in Ocala. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry I didn't realize they were doing an eastern bound TA this time of year.   Enjoy😊

Yep, they are taking the ole girl  to drydock, the westbound leaves out of Barcelona, wish I could do both but can't. I think some are taking the Voyager back as well as one of the Celebrity ships and some are taking Adventure back after spending time in Europe.

Edited by Prometheus1
add
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

We loved Lisbon!  Will you be spending any time there before heading home?

Yes, we arrive on the 6th and are leaving the 10th. Have booked a food tour through devour and eating Europe, the rest of the time to explore. If you have recommendations I would be open to suggestions

Edited by Prometheus1
Add
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

Yes, we arrive on the 6th and are leaving the 10th. Have booked a food tour through devour and eating Europe, the rest of the time to explore. If you have recommendations I would be open to suggestions

We were only on Lisbon on a port stop, though I'd love to return.  We took a tour through town, then to Sintra.  They have a specialty pastry there...I'll have to check the name.

OK, one's travesseiro (sweet pastry), and the other is queijada (cheese tart).  They also make a nice tart cherry flavored liquor.  You can buy a sample shot in a little chocolate cup for I think, one euro.  I'd highly recommend Sintra...it's quite scenic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WOW!!  I'm following this too!  

I'll do a Transatlantic in May 2025 to Barcelona.  Don't know what I'll do when I arrive, haven't made plans yet.  Then I'll head to Holland to visit my sister, and come home from Barcelona to NOLA in June.

Can't wait to hear all about the voyage!!  I've only done one TA before, and it was Southampton to NYC on QM2. 

• Like 5

I had good luck when I did the TAs in that the weather was good and the ocean was calm and I loved the sea days.  I also have been to Sintra and it is very pretty.   Its been awhile since I was in Portugal but I know we went to a castle, and also to the most eastern spot of the coast and a pretty light house.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CAC104 said:

I had good luck when I did the TAs in that the weather was good and the ocean was calm and I loved the sea days.  I also have been to Sintra and it is very pretty.   Its been awhile since I was in Portugal but I know we went to a castle, and also to the most eastern spot of the coast and a pretty light house.

We also went to the eastern-most point and saw the light house!  Our guide was an avid surfer and he took us to a beach overlook to see surfers.  I hadn't realized surfing is pretty big in Portugal.

• Like 2

Looking forward to following along and living vicariously through your trip. One week away from sailing Symphony of the Seas from Cape Liberty on the Bahamas route, your itinerary is much more interesting and enviable! 

Smooth sailing and I will be enjoying your reports! Thanks for the effort I know it takes to report during a vacation!

• Like 3

Errands run today- 2nd shingles shot 😞  and Flu. Scripts not ready yet so will pick up later. Walgreen is 13 miles away as is the grocery store and everything else. Still waiting on some amazon deliveries anyway before I can pack.

Things I plan to do on the ship

1) Moet tasting

2)  Sushi and Sake Lunch

3) Hot Stone Massage

4) first time trying a specialty restaurant on a Royal Ship- Giovanni's Table

5) Ropers Romp pub crawl

We are not really show people but I may check out the love and marriage show (I have never seen one but hear they are hilarious)

We have not booked any shore excursions and are just going to wing it. Once we are in Lisbon we may try to go to Sintra since many have recommended it. Will also review the food tours we booked in Lisbon

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prometheus1 said:

We are not really show people but I may check out the love and marriage show (I have never seen one but hear they are hilarious)

OK, now I'm not convinced you've actually ever cruised before! 🤣🤣🤣 How could you have missed a Love and Marriage show?  They're hysterical!!

• Haha 2