Live From – Crown Princess 26 Oct Round Australia Cruise

Ozwoody

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The best way to check the drinks prices, especially non-alcoholic ones, is on the app once you're onboard. Drinks menus seem to be hard to find these days and even when you do find one it doesn't always list non-alcoholic drinks. However screenshotting the prices off the app is a pain!

OK people what are the tips for taking screen shots of the app menus?

On my Samsung 23FE.

Also can I load & use the app on my Microsoft Pro 4 tablet? 

Is there an Android mode?

4 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

This cruise was a replacement for cancelling our 2024 World Cruise

Have a fantastic time on your around Australia cruise John and Hilary, you deserve a break after all the work you did in the last couple of years.

I remember all the work you kindly put in for everybody on the world cruise even after you pulled out. It was much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This cruise was a replacement for cancelling our 2024 World Cruise

Have a fantastic time on your around Australia cruise John and Hilary, you deserve a break after all the work you did in the last couple of years.

I remember all the work you kindly put in for everybody on the world cruise even after you pulled out. It was much appreciated.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Thanks Guys

I was glad it work out pretty good for you all in the end.

I believe everyone had a great cruise.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 2

OK people what are the tips for taking screen shots of the app menus?

On my Samsung 23FE.

Also can I load & use the app on my Microsoft Pro 4 tablet? 

Is there an Android mode?

On my 20FE (yes, will get an update before we head to the UK next year), you screen cap by pressing your on/off button and volume down at the same time. I found it really easy to capture them and post over the past couple of years.

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

On my 20FE (yes, will get an update before we head to the UK next year), you screen cap by pressing your on/off button and volume down at the same time. I found it really easy to capture them and post over the past couple of years.

Ok just tried it and it works on the 23FE as well.

Thanks Geoff 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2024 at 12:58 PM, arxcards said:

They do, although Royal doesn't have any - yet. Princess website specifies all Aussie based cruises will have an AU220 and a US120 outlet. Crown will be based here for two years, so there will certainly be an AU socket added, if not already fitted on the crossing.

Just off the Diamond and she doesn't have Australian sockets.  USBs are on the lamps and there are US sockets.  She did have a universal socket which son told me not to plug an Au pin into ??? so I had a European adapter and used that.  This was where one of the TVs used to be.

Also managed to score a kettle which plugged into that one.

As for sensor lights we also had an emergency light which had a mind of its own turning on during the night and at the back of my bed unit in the cubby hole was a little green globe which also came on and off.

So in a mini suite we had 2 x tv red lights, 2 x airconditioner blue lights, 2 x sensor lights under bedside cabinets, sensor light near the bathroom (which was bright as Jean says) and the light that comes from behind the tv in the night for updating plus emergency light and little green globe.  To finish off our cabin was 9119 so we also had people leaving messages for the medical centre which meant the phone was flashing red.

When someone called at 1.00am I gave up and unplugged the phone.

In all it was like Christmas.  Still better than staying home.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Just off the Diamond and she doesn't have Australian sockets.  USBs are on the lamps and there are US sockets.  She did have a universal socket which son told me not to plug an Au pin into ??? so I had a European adapter and used that.  This was where one of the TVs used to be.

Also managed to score a kettle which plugged into that one.

As for sensor lights we also had an emergency light which had a mind of its own turning on during the night and at the back of my bed unit in the cubby hole was a little green globe which also came on and off.

So in a mini suite we had 2 x tv red lights, 2 x airconditioner blue lights, 2 x sensor lights under bedside cabinets, sensor light near the bathroom (which was bright as Jean says) and the light that comes from behind the tv in the night for updating plus emergency light and little green globe.  To finish off our cabin was 9119 so we also had people leaving messages for the medical centre which meant the phone was flashing red.

Wow, thanks. Mental note to avoid 9119. I hate those night sensor lights, as it only takes a wriggle of a toe near the side of the bed to trigger it. I just tuck a spare pillow or cushion in front. The one near the bathroom door sucks even more, as it may as well be a floodlight at 1am in a dark cabin. Little LEDs don't bother us much, as we have a few at home.

Also on Royal, per the previous message, today I have sent adaptor pins in the mail to our "you will never get us on a cruise ship" friends that are about to do their first ever cruise on Royal next month. Princess has informed them about having an Aussie outlets. I will just pack our 2 x US and a Euro adaptor, as always, but I will temper my advice on Aussie outlets.

• Like 2

I must remember to replenish my stock of masking tape to cover those blasted night light sensors. They are appalling, especially the one justboutside the bathroom door. Princess really doesn't have a clue how ights that bright can affect people with sleep disorders. They should be able to be turned off if passengers don't want them. 

We always carry two US and one EU adaptors as well. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

To finish off our cabin was 9119 so we also had people leaving messages for the medical centre which meant the phone was flashing red.

Penny just dropped. I saved a heap of money by switching from a MD cabin to a MF guarantee during last years Black Friday sale. Heck, they are mostly identical cabins on deck 9 so how bad can it be, right. Our Diamond mini hasn't been allocated yet, so positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Penny just dropped. I saved a heap of money by switching from a MD cabin to a MF guarantee during last years Black Friday sale. Heck, they are mostly identical cabins on deck 9 so how bad can it be, right. Our Diamond mini hasn't been allocated yet, so positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

Fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

Just off the Diamond.

OMG!  I would not be able to sleep with all those lights. I would  asking the cabin steward for extra pillows just to block out all those annoying lights.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ozwoody not sure if you have any time for sightseeing before you board the ship in Sydney but if you do, Sculptures by the Sea is on at Bondi atm and it’s particularly good this year.

Thanks @aussielozzie18 sounds good, but sadly even though we start our trip about 9am, we only get to our hotel at about 2:30pm, very restricted to a quick walk-about the Rocks area.🙂

Excited to follow this thread in anticipation of my Round Australia cruise on Crown next March. Especially interested in learning about any excursions you undertake, both Princess and non. 

But why isn’t this thread on the main Princess board? I never would have seen it except a member on my RC mentioned it. 

Have a fabulous trip!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Excited to follow this thread in anticipation of my Round Australia cruise on Crown next March. Especially interested in learning about any excursions you undertake, both Princess and non. 

But why isn’t this thread on the main Princess board? I never would have seen it except a member on my RC mentioned it. 

Have a fabulous trip!

Because this is the Australia/NZ board where most of the people who chat here are from Australia/NZ and that cruise is an Australian cruise where most of the passengers are from Australia/NZ.

On the main Princess board it would get lost among all the US-centric posts. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

@Ozwoody Thanks for creating this Live From about your Round Australia cruise on Crown Princess which I shared on the Crown’s roll call for our Round Australia cruise in March 2025. That will be our 2nd attempt for this bucket list itinerary after the pandemic canceled our Sapphire cruise in September 2020. We booked our March cruise 2 years in advance because these popular cruises book up well in advance.

I’ll be following your adventures in hopes of gaining some insights about what we might expect particularly in your ports of call. 

We’ll arrive in Brisbane four days before boarding Crown for our first visit to your city & are eagerly anticipating our visit there. We booked Royal on the Park hotel which appears to be centrally located. We’re researching our options by viewing YouTube videos & reading reviews to decide what to do there beyond dealing with jet lag after the long flight from America’s West Coast.

We’re flying ANZ and for the first, and likely only time flying in Premium Economy so we’ll have more checked & carryon baggage allowances.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

Have a fabulous trip!

Hi @Ellipooh

Welcome to Australian & New Zealand section of CC.

For more info on this cruise if your interested you could check out the Roll Call below:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2928640-crown-princess-saturday-october-26-2024-round-australia-28-nights/

And this link to the Roll Call spreadsheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Pr8QCDaufT1g2-ZJYDilQShsTTJB6uirBYXijNVTBQ/edit?usp=sharing

There is a lot of info there that may help on your cruise.

Regards

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much OZWOODY we will be watching your posts with great interest as we will be traveling for the very first time on the Crown or any princess ship at all in December. Also as an (off chance) would anyone know if there is a power outlet beside the bed in cabin C301 an accessible cabin as we have to bring two life saving machines with us and one only has a lead of about 5 feet. I have rung Princess Australia and was connected to an extremely nice lady living in South Africa, and unfortunately knew very little at all.  

cheers, Glenys & Alan

34 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

@Ozwoody Thanks for creating this Live From about your Round Australia cruise on Crown Princess which I shared on the Crown’s roll call for our Round Australia cruise in March 2025. That will be our 2nd attempt for this bucket list itinerary after the pandemic canceled our Sapphire cruise in September 2020. We booked our March cruise 2 years in advance because these popular cruises book up well in advance.

I’ll be following your adventures in hopes of gaining some insights about what we might expect particularly in your ports of call. 

We’ll arrive in Brisbane four days before boarding Crown for our first visit to your city & are eagerly anticipating our visit there. We booked Royal on the Park hotel which appears to be centrally located. We’re researching our options by viewing YouTube videos & reading reviews to decide what to do there beyond dealing with jet lag after the long flight from America’s West Coast.

We’re flying ANZ and for the first, and likely only time flying in Premium Economy so we’ll have more checked & carryon baggage allowances.

Well Hi @Astro Flyer Two people from the 2025 cruise, Welcome to you as well.

Do also check out the links above, hope they are useful.

Glad this time all seems smooth sailing on your 2025 cruise.

We're excited to start our little adventure, but for you Americans and others from overseas countries, Australia must seem like the other end of the world.

Will try to do my best with comments on the cruise.

You mention you will be in Brisbane prior to the cruise, are you boarding here or Sydney?

Regards

John

• Like 1