Queens Grill - what does your butler do ?

Georginah

Hi 

I stayed in a Penthouse on QM2 last year and I guess we were dream guests for our Butler as we didn’t ask him for anything at all during our stay. 

However, I am on Queen Victoria next week, so just curious to find out what sort of things do you ask your Butler to help you with? 

Thanks in advance x 

3 minutes ago, Georginah said:

Hi 

I stayed in a Penthouse on QM2 last year and I guess we were dream guests for our Butler as we didn’t ask him for anything at all during our stay. 

However, I am on Queen Victoria next week, so just curious to find out what sort of things do you ask your Butler to help you with? 

Thanks in advance x 

Blankets, not duvets, fruit, daily ice and lemon/lime, no egg in canapés. The first should be communicated in advance, but sometimes isn’t. Otherwise, we leave them untroubled.

• Like 1

We're pretty low maintenance, but our one indulgence is to ask our butler to bring us coffee and hot milk every morning as we don't seem to be able to make decent coffee ourselves while onboard. 

• Like 1

We always ask for a small jug of fresh milk to be left in fridge daily, together with some lemon slices for the G&Ts😊!

Are you on the Canaries cruise Georginah?

We're low maintenance too.

In addition to anything already mentioned [we go for fresh fruit platter and the odd sushi platter instead of the usual canapés occasionally] we ask to be last for room servicing so we can have a leisurely get ready after room service breakfast.

Plus, making sure we have a few nibbles and enough to drink if we have folk 'in'; occasional request for jam doughnuts at breakfast; pick up of laundry before nine am for same day service; jug of milk for the fridge refreshed every day and that's about it really.

Definitely NOo unpacking/packing!🙂

• Like 2

It was my birthday in QG and the butler left a nice card signed by he and the cabin steward. He also decorated our bed with roses. He seemed to be in charge of making sure we were ok. We too asked for little. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alc13 said:

We’re low maintenance, too, although I have asked for bath salts a couple of times.

Once having removed all clothes and wetted my hair, I had to get my husband to summon him because I just could not get the top off the shampoo bottle and nor could my husband. Thanks goodness (sometimes) for husbands.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Once having removed all clothes and wetted my hair, I had to get my husband to summon him because I just could not get the top off the shampoo bottle and nor could my husband. Thanks goodness (sometimes) for husbands.

This is so funny! I’m glad you got your shampoo in the end! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Yea, sometimes I’m replaced by a stool. 

6 hours ago, Georginah said:

Hi 

Thanks in advance x 

We’re on QV next week and have never used our butlers previously. But we might give him a go this time

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Does that mean she normally stands on you if she wants to reach into the top cupboard?

Ha…at 6’2”, I reach for the top shelf when asked. I do have one or two uses around the house. My #1 goal though is to stay out of the way!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Georginah said:

We usually don't call on the butler either, but ...

Edwin always delivered our morning room service order.

On our last voyage the lock on one of our pieces of luggage didn't open for any of our usual combinations. Ivy was invaluable in helping to cut the thing off (finally calling in a ship electrician to use his super-snippers).

• Like 1