Spinach/sweet potato dip

Garlic soup

Bananarama soup

Ivory Chocolate Fondue

Grand Marnier Souffle

Warm Chocolate Cake

Crab cake and onion soup in Chops

Tiramisu in Portofino

And my number one favorite . . . scones with strawberries and whipped cream in the Windjammer every afternoon!

Yes--it's the dining room. I've always found the food to be good--great presentation, tasty, and with great table conversation, it's been the highlight of our day!

I, too, couldn't decide on dessert on night and told our waiter to surprise me. He brought one of EVERYTHING! And guess what--I ate them all! Yummmm!

The dreaded ranch steak has long been gone and has been replace by a very good angus sirloin. As a matter of fact, I order this whenever I feel like a steak regardless of whatever meat is on the main menu. The NY strip on the regular menu is even worse than the ranch steak was.

As for room service-- you can order anything that's on the main dining room menu as long as you do so during the dining room hours.

On the subject of steak did the infamous Ranch steak finally get taken off the menu? On my last RCCL cruise this was a hot topic.

It was in the Windjammer a few weeks ago and I nearly LOL when I saw the label. I called DH over and said Here is the infamous ranch steak!

Tasted like leather :(

Windjammer - the greek salad

Dining Room - As many others have said the soups are grand. does anyone know if they are made on board or if they are poured from a can then heated or chilled? Also since they seem so popular why cant you find them elsewhere (I mean mainstream restraunts not boutique foo-foo overpriced cafes)

The escargot are yummy!

M.

It was our first cruise and didn't realize I could have ordered more escargot......... I would have skipped the entree and ordered escargot for entree, dessert, after dinner drink, etc. etc., etc. Where I live, there is no restaurant that has escargot (small town :) ).

It was our first cruise and didn't realize I could have ordered more escargot......... I would have skipped the entree and ordered escargot for entree,

I order 2 servings of escargot no matter what else I order.

There was one day where I didn't like any of the entrees but all the appetizers looked superb, so I got one of each appetizer and a small portion of the pasta.

On the Enchantment in Feb

My favorites;

Windjammer:

Waldorf Salad, fruit tart, salmon with cream cheses and a bagle. Seafood risoto. Rigitoni pasta with alfredo sauce

Dinning room: The banana Pancakes MM

Escargot X2, key lime pie, chocolate cake, swan puff, seafood risoto, tempura mahi mahi, duck was ok never eaten before. there are more but I have forgotten. Miami Vice drink in the Viking Crown lounge at sunset!

Lexi

The best way to ask for more dessert is to ask. They do not have a problem with bringing more than one at all. In fact when my husband and I told them we wanted to share two desserts they brought us four of the puppies! I could not eat it all but my husband bravely stepped to the plate.

Once in a while you will run into a server that is less than stellar but not often.

No grits for room service. Sorry.

Oh and avoid the strip steak as an dinner alternative. I should have listened to my server but NO!

Oh and if you are on a ship with them do NOT miss Chops or Portofino. Worth every darn dime.

Just do not slam the oven door!!!!!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups Milk

3 cloves Garlic

3 sprigs Fresh marjoram

6 t Unsalted butter (3/4 stick), plus more for preparing pan

6 t Flour

3/4 lb Goat cheese, divided

Coarse salt

4 Eggs, separated

1 tsp Chopped fresh marjoram

1/2 tsp Coarsely ground pepper

Preparation

Heat the milk in a small sauce-pan with the garlic and marjoram sprigs and bring just to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Remove and discard the garlic and marjoram.

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Cook over low heat, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the warm milk and stir until very smooth. Crumble in two-thirds of the cheese and whisk until incorporated. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

Stir in the egg yolks.

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Liberally butter 1 2-quart straight-sided shallow baking pan or gratin dish.

Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold soft peaks. Do not beat until dry. Thoroughly fold a quarter of the whites into the cheese mixture. Sprinkle in the chopped marjoram and pepper, stir to combine and fold in the remaining whites. Pour into the dish. Dot with the remaining cheese.

Place in the center of the oven. Bake until the top is puffed and golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately.

Cook's Notes

This recipe calls for Montrachet goat cheese, a chevre-style cheese wrapped in a chestnut or grape leaf. A commercial log of chevre from the supermarket will do nicely. A fresher cheese had a 10-minute longer baking time that a second souffle made with denser commercial chevre. Depending on the cheese you use, adjust your baking time accordingly.

Nutrient Information

427Calories34 gTotal Fat21 gSaturated Fat11 gCarbohydrates19 gProtein414 mgSodium.33 gFiber

Anyone have a recipe for the little crusty herb rolls in the DR? Sr. Moment..something "bites

I got this recipe from a head waiter on the Vision. It is not broken down and some of the ingriedents I could not find in the grocery store. This is how I got the recipe.

Savory Bites

50 pounds potato bread mix

5 pounds tomato flex

4 pounds margarine

15 liters water

6 ounces dry yeast

Mix dough for 2 to 3 minutes. Bulk ferment for 30 minutes. Divide into 16 pieces. Roll each piece 60 inches long. Arrange on tray. Store in freezer over night. When ready to bake, defrost for 3 hours in fridge and cut into logs into desired size. Place on sheet to rise and bake.

Anyone I've ever spoken to who likes escargot knows that these are some of the tastiest little critters you will ever find on land or sea! I always order at least 3.

When a ship serves 2000 steaks in one night, it is possible to get one that is not cooked to your satisfaction or might even be fatty or loaded with gristle. This happened on my first cruise, and the guest next to me was gracious and let me have a bite of his steak. It was great. The waiter overheard and brought me two of the best prime ribs I've ever had!

Now, if I'm not satisfied, I just ask, and they are ALWAYS happy to try and please.

The duck is FANTASTIC!!! Be sure to ask them to fillet it for you (they will slice the bones from it). If the Maitre'D does this service, it is worth the extra tip! Most Maitre'D's are invisible until "tip night".

Archived