Miami Need Advice

CHILLY

Harry Potter novels are about 800 pages...:cool:

Out jet boards at 2:20 so will be in the same predicament. However, my flight home is already sold out, so I want to get to the airport ASAP after the cruise to ensure I get my boarding ticket...

Just an FYI you can go to the Internet cafe 24 hours before departure and check in on line. You print your boarding pass right then and avoid some of the mess at the airport.

And you can always take a ships excursion to South Beach, the Everglades, or any number of other places.

We did the South Beach tour (which ends at the airport). It was very enjoyable. Included a tour, stop for lunch (lunch NOT included in the price), and transfer to airport. Better than sitting around the airport, which is what we did on our first cruise. Sat around Tampa airport for SIX hours! Never again.

We did self-debarkation from the ship and were among the first ones to leave. We rented a car from Hertz. They have a shuttle that picks you up at the Port of Miami and drops you off at their downtown location about 5 minutes away. We drove the car to South Beach, parked it with all of our luggage in it and enjoyed the beach, the shopping and the sidewalk cafes until it was time to drive to the airport. They have an extremely efficient drop-off service at the airport so it took us no time at all to drop off the car and take the shuttle over to the terminal. It cost us about $60 including taxes and gas plus about $10 for parking but it was way better than sitting in the terminal for hours after our Everglades excursion which we did after our first cruise.

I agree with Jeleja. We are flying out of FLL at 5:45 after our cruise. We are going to try to take the Miami excursion that includes transfers to FLL. The cost is almost the same as a taxi direct, and we don't have to worry about luggage, or waiting in a dull terminal for hours.

Enjoy.

Archived