Fitness facility and Laundry

Archipelago

No self serve laundry but full service available. Prices seemed about the same as other ships charge. No real staff in the exercise facility and it is small but nicely done. I always intend to work out every day but somehow, I have never used this facility. Must have something to do with the requesite 8lbs I seem to gain with each cruise. When I lose the 8lbs then it is time to cruise again, like next week.

All the best,

Jim.

Actually the golf simulator is a wonderful way to get some exercise as well. Of course you can follows DH's regiment, which includes after dinner drinks at Top of the Yacht and while on the way back from the restroom, a quick hole or two in the simulator:o

No worries Archipelago!

One of my friends who posts here at Frequent Traveler did a solo crossing in the fall. FT had a wonderful time. You may want to browse a few pages back to see FT's report on her solo crossing.

My husband is an Ironman athlete and he uses the exercise room religiously. The minute we get on board he's in the gym while I unpack, and just before the party starts. In fact we're cruising 2 weeks right before the IM World Championships and he's not worried. The facilities are barely used. (as you can probably imagine) The treadmills are top rate and fairly easy to use while we're at sea. (minimal rockin' and rollin') He's such a fanatic our stateroom is next to the gym. It's very quiet up there :)

Archived