Two simple dining questions for my elderly father

bryanjaync

1. On the dinner menu, do they (especially Zenith) still have those 'simple' entree every-night options, like grilled salmon, steak and chicken. (My father is kind of a basic type guy, and loves salmon).

2. Also, since Black Forest Cake is available 24/7 from room service, it is okay to ask for it in the dining room even if it is not on the dessert menu. ...I figure if the Black Forest Cake is sitting around somewhere on board 24/7, why not ask for at dinner. Again, my father is not the fancy dessert type (and dont suggest the 'try new things' approach, he is almost 80 and has decided what he really enjoys in life !)

What every your request are pass -them on to the Asst. Maitre'd via your waiter. We had a table mate who loves Carrot Cake. She asked the waiter if she could get some and the Asst. Maitre'd had one baked for her and delivered every night of the cruise. On another cruise a table-mate wanted escargot and the hole table got escargot every night in addition to whatever we wanted.

You betcha! I echo all the others! My father loves sliced tomatoes with every meal. We always tell the waiter the very first night "no fancy salad, just iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes with every meal including breakfast"! They have never failed to accommodate......and of course, we tip them very nicely as well, at the end of the cruise!

I agree you can get dishes like Salmon, shrip cocktail etc if you ask for them (if the waiter disagrees ask the Maitre'D).

However I do find it sad that youwrote "he is nearly 80 " and he appears very "set in his ways". Are you sure a cruise is a good idea for him?

I ask only because I am over 80,love trying out new foods (knowing if I really dislike them I can order something else), very interested in meeting new and different people, on a cruise there is such a mix of people. seek out new information about "far way places with strange sounding names, far away over the sea" Prefer cruises I have not done before especially long cruises like to Sth Pacific (not on Celebrity of course)

I always travel alone,sometimes get "butterflies in my stomach" doing new airports,flights, and ships, but I take deep breaths and tell myself "you can do this". and I do it.

I hope that your father has a wonderful cruise and that he too will enjoy all the NEW and wonderful things that taking this cruise will open a much wider world for him.

Archived