Are you biased or just addicted?

thefirstnoel

It was suggested that I post this question on the "HAL" board instead of where I did! I need to know what everyone thinks regarding sailing w/HAL vs. Celebrity, Princess or RCL. We have sailed w/Celebrity two times and RCL once. We were on the Millenium class ships on Celebrity and we loved everything about it except they do not offer laundromats. The RCL ship was only a four day cruise and it was on one of the older ships. We were disapointed w/the cleanliness of RCL and the food was "just okay". We would love to try other lines, but are afraid that we are biased/spoiled and maybe addicted to Celebrity. We've heard other's say that you always love the first line you cruised the best because you haven't any other to compare it to. We've heard some good things regarding Princess, but we would like to hear from you that have traveled other lines and give us your advise. Cleanliness is a big issue w/us and some of the "little"amenities Celebrity offered like; padded lounge chairs, towels by the pools so you didn't have to carry your towel from your room. Good food is also a major issue. Duh, who would say otherwise! So......please give us your input comparing HAL and the other lines I mentioned. We will be celebrating our 35th anniversary in Jan. 07 and are thinking of taking the 2 week cruise to Hawaii. This one would be very convenient for us as we live very close to Seattle and I see there is a round trip from Seattle and Vancouver Canada to Hawaii. Thanks for any info. you can send up to the great Pacific NW. Happy Sailing to All-

well my opinion is very one sided, we`ve been on 8 HAL cruises and two other cruise lines. the ships on HAL have always been very clean, the service always extremely attentive. we started to plan our next trip and the only other ships beside HAL we would consider are QM2 and CELEBRITY. i think you would be very satisfied with HAL as they are compatable i believe with CELEBRITY and i`m sure you`ll get alot of other opinions. good luck!

I like Celebrity and RCI and I liked HAL very much too.

I think Celebrity and HAL are far more alike than Celebrity and RCI or RCI and HAL.

Of course, comparing a Millenium class to an older RCI ship is not a fair comparison, and comparing a 3 or 4 day to a 7 day or longer is another apple and oranges comparison.

I have been on both HAL and RCI in the last few months and I thought the food was excellent on both.

jc

I can only compare Carnival, HAL and Celebrity. First cruise was a 4-day "fun ship" cruise and we actually had a great time. Hooked us on cruising. Went to HAL next even though our TA was pushing Celebrity as Celebrity didn't have any ships with verandahs way back then. Loved HAL and stayed with them until 2005 when we took our first, and so far only, Celebrity cruise. Probably wouldn't go back to Carnival, though I won't say "never", but would cruise HAL or Celebrity depending on cost, itinerary and ship. In our book there are things done better by HAL than Celebrity and vice versa, none of which would make us not cruise one or the other.

Archived