randi's happy horses

muffy168

Does anyone have experience riding with a toddler here? Would the trip to the horses and the horseback tour be too much for a 3 y/o? We have reservations in January, but are concerned that this might be too much for our little one.

Last November (2006) we rode with Randi (our third time with Randi) with my 3 year old grandson. They put him on his own horse and one of the trainers lead him around. The trainer devoted all her attention to him. He had a blast!

FYI, the coconut shrimp at Victor's was the best I have ever had anywhere....and I thought his garlic shrimp was my favorite! :D

My fiance and I are booked to ride horses w/ Randi in a couple weeks. Will I be able to take pictures while on the horse? Should I get a strap for my camera so I can let it hang around my neck? Sorry if this is a funny question, but I've never been on a horse before in my life. I don't know what to expect.

Its a great trip, we thonk about it all the time. We took the morning excursion and it seemed a bit more relaxing since we were ended at the restaurant, so that's the leg I'd recommend.

We could start a war over what's the best, the coconut or the garlic shrimp.

But, here's a fact...the coconut is as fresh as it gets as its right off the trees on the beach you will be riding on.

The Corona ain't too bad either. :)

• 1 month later...

It was $45 cash per person and I believe travel time to get there, ride, and lunch about 3-4 hrs. :rolleyes: Great trip! Will do it again. First you meet Randy, then get into the back of trucks with benches, go to a boat that takes you to an island and then travel by wagon pulled by a tractor to the horses. You then ride along the beach and have lunch afterwards. Randy buys your first beer/soda & chips. Lunches are great! Also the beach is right there for the kids too!:)

It was $45 cash per person and I believe travel time to get there, ride, and lunch about 3-4 hrs. :rolleyes: Great trip! Will do it again. First you meet Randy, then get into the back of trucks with benches, go to a boat that takes you to an island and then travel by wagon pulled by a tractor to the horses. You then ride along the beach and have lunch afterwards. Randy buys your first beer/soda & chips. Lunches are great! Also the beach is right there for the kids too!:)
That is exactly what we experienced just 2 weeks ago. What an awesome day!!!

One of our rides was in August and it was hot - but the ride to the water taxi was open air and enjoyable. The water taxi was not hot. And riding on the beach was the best. Sprays of the ocean and the horses actually walking in shallow water will cool you off. At Victors the beach is right there - and Randi seems to know when the breezes will come and cool you off. Our favorite tour!

can someone tell me how long this tour is and how much it costs? Thanks

The tour last about 5.5 hours, but some of that time is spent eating at Victors. The cost for the horse rise is $45, cash US. Eating at Victors costs extra, but 6 of us eat and drank for $60 total including tip which was not bad. Overall the cost is very reasonable for what you get

I understand that Randi wants small bills. Does that mean $20s or $10s. Does Victors also prfer small bills?

I usually give her 20's. However, Victor's doesn't always have change (at least when we have been there) - so this time, I am going to bring a variety of bills. :)

How crowded is this excursion? I mean it sounds like lots of you do it, and it sounds like a fun idea for my kids who will be 6 and 8 on our trip. They've never ridden anything but ponies at the local fair so this will be a new experience for them if we try it. But, I'm curious how it works. If 50 people from the cruise sign up, do you go with all 50 or are you separated into smaller groups or what? Also, how much time do you get at the beach?

No, I got lazy this time. I will be glad to answer any questions you have though.

Just wanted to hear about all of the fun you had. Did you have the garlic shrimp? I can just taste the shrimp, onion rings & guacamole now! Hmmmm Pacifico!

How crowded is this excursion? I mean it sounds like lots of you do it, and it sounds like a fun idea for my kids who will be 6 and 8 on our trip. They've never ridden anything but ponies at the local fair so this will be a new experience for them if we try it. But, I'm curious how it works. If 50 people from the cruise sign up, do you go with all 50 or are you separated into smaller groups or what? Also, how much time do you get at the beach?

She doesn't book thru the ship.... she is word of mouth & website only. We have gone twice and I don't think we have ever had more than 20 people, if that. But I am checking with her on her max.

Kids will love this... You will have a GREAT time!!!

Just wanted to hear about all of the fun you had. Did you have the garlic shrimp? I can just taste the shrimp, onion rings & guacamole now! Hmmmm Pacifico!

She doesn't book thru the ship.... she is word of mouth & website only. We have gone twice and I don't think we have ever had more than 20 people, if that. But I am checking with her on her max.

Kids will love this... You will have a GREAT time!!!

I had the coconut shrimp with my Pacificos. I tried someone else's garlic shrimp and it was great too! DW had the awesome onion rings.

I think Randi only has about 20 go at a time. There was another group that left about 30-45 minutes behind us. I think she does this to keep the groups small and manageable.

I had the coconut shrimp with my Pacificos. I tried someone else's garlic shrimp and it was great too! DW had the awesome onion rings.

I think Randi only has about 20 go at a time. There was another group that left about 30-45 minutes behind us. I think she does this to keep the groups small and manageable.

Hmmmm I want Garlic Shrimp now! LOL

Yes - I confirmed with Randi, that it is about 20 riders and then she opens another group.

I can't wait to get back there. Those onion rings ROCK. I got Chris to give me the recipe, but I prefer to have them make them for me while I lounge on the beach. :)

Archived